Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tenn chapter get togther in June

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
I'll be home on leave in the june time frame, no set dates yet, but I'd like to get together with all you Tenn guys, look at some old Ford iron, and shoot the **** for a while. Anyone else down? Where should we meet? I live in East Tenn. about 1.5 hours outside of Knoxville, but if yall have a good centralized location let me know. Who votes we do it, who can attend, and who has a place in mind? Anybody? Lcpl Duncan

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Sounds like a good idea to me, can't promise I can make it though, but I'll try...

Where exactly are you located? I'm just outside of Knoxville, in Clinton.

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
Briceville area. Right at the top of the mountain before you head into New River, if you know where thats at.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What about the Ford Nationals...is it gonna be held at Chillowhee (sp?) Park again this year??? As for meet time...dunno if I'll make a June meet, that'll be right in the middle of my summer break...haha.

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
Yeah, I know. Damn it man, I wanna meet your ass and take a look at that 77 250. Truck looks gorgeous. I thought about the Ford nationals, but we'll have to check the dates. Maybe all of us just park together or something?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well the 77 is under wraps and in storage at home anyway...but if I were to make it back here for a G2G...I'd bring her just for you...and hopefully she's have some fresh Boggers by then...this set almost looks like drag slicks right about now.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
What about the Ford Nationals...is it gonna be held at Chillowhee (sp?) Park again this year??? As for meet time...dunno if I'll make a June meet, that'll be right in the middle of my summer break...haha.

I was thinknig about going to that....probably won't though, cause I'm going to the other show there (forgot the name) about a week or 2 before...

Well the 77 is under wraps and in storage at home anyway...but if I were to make it back here for a G2G...I'd bring her just for you...and hopefully she's have some fresh Boggers by then...this set almost looks like drag slicks right about now.

I wanna see that truck to!

and I think a burnout is in order, if your getting new tires.....smilieeatndrink

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I wanna see that truck to!

and I think a burnout is in order, if your getting new tires.....smilieeatndrink

That thought actually didn't cross my mind until just this moment, but good idea...smiliepeelout I actually put a set of worn out 31's on Red's rear once and tore those to hell...IN THE CARPORT...because it has a slick top concrete...more squealing and easier to slip...Mom's still pissed about that one. But yeah...remind me and I'll take a vid, but if blow a tire and do damage to a $350 rim (well $275 now) it's your azz.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
That thought actually didn't cross my mind until just this moment, but good idea...smiliepeelout I actually put a set of worn out 31's on Red's rear once and tore those to hell...IN THE CARPORT...because it has a slick top concrete...more squealing and easier to slip...Mom's still pissed about that one. But yeah...remind me and I'll take a vid, but if blow a tire and do damage to a $350 rim (well $275 now) it's your azz.

Don't forget, if a tire blows...could have body work to do to...

But, I'd like to see ya do it...an I'm sure everybody on this site would. :D

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
I absolutely destroyed the fender on a friends s-10 trying to show him how to power brake a stick shift. The tires had wire hanging out and I stayed on it a little to long. He was cool about it because he asked me to show him, but I'm pretty sure I would cry if you did that to that 77. We have ome land with an old fire pit, and a school house on it that we could camp the night before, cookout, and drink some beers. Pretty big one room school house to sleep outta the weather in case it rains. And its about an hour from knoxville in some beautiful country, if you guys wanted to do something like that.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Camp out sounds like fun. And don't worry, nothing will happen to Red...and if it does...that's what a check book is for right?

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
Thats what I was thinking. Just bring your girls, or wives, in my case anyways. That way we can drink and not worry about dui's and designated drivers. Whens your summer break start and end?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Starts somewhere around May 10 and ends August 20ish

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
Damn. Well we will see if we can figure something out. I'd really like to get this off the ground. Even invite the whole southeastern region see if we can make it big.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out...a whole regional chapter G2G would be awesome. I tried getting a G2G together in the NC chapter at the Pink's All Out in Concord...but everyone wussed out.

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
Start advertising in the NC forum, I'll take Kentucky. Those are pretty centralized, and I'll try Virgina too. That would be great, if we could get 15 to 20 Id be happy.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i would definitely be there except that i live in NH and wouldnt be able to get that time off...(until i move to florida haha but thats not till late august/septtember)

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I absolutely destroyed the fender on a friends s-10 trying to show him how to power brake a stick shift. The tires had wire hanging out and I stayed on it a little to long. He was cool about it because he asked me to show him, but I'm pretty sure I would cry if you did that to that 77. We have ome land with an old fire pit, and a school house on it that we could camp the night before, cookout, and drink some beers. Pretty big one room school house to sleep outta the weather in case it rains. And its about an hour from knoxville in some beautiful country, if you guys wanted to do something like that.

I'm not a big fan of the idea...

I don't think people would go for a campout... and you start throwing alcohol in the mix, my parent's wont let me come...thats for sure.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm not a big fan of the idea...

I don't think people would go for a campout... and you start throwing alcohol in the mix, my parent's wont let me come...thats for sure.

Yeah...I forgot about the minors...what if we kept alcohol outta the mix? And just had a big bonfire, grilled out, etc?

Ford Truck Articles