Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brake help.

Just towed my truck home after having i beams from a 74 f100 and disc brakes installed. Guy who started didn't have time to finish so I'm trying to figure out how to runs new lines/adjustable proportioning valve and whatever else I need to get brakes on this thing.

My question is, how hard is this to finish up? I'm new to this stuff, but am pretty good wrenching on things.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fellro

Staff member
Check out a 74 or so truck and see how they did it and just mimic that. Might even be able to use the proportioning valve from the same age truck as I doubt (without looking it up) that the brake sizing is much different. Need the master setup as well. Possibly you might be able to reuse the steel lines that were there for the drum brakes unless are different size, don't remember without looking.

I would think the booster would be a little bit rough to figure out ,they have aftermarket stuff that may fit your application ,just do some homework
on that for bolt patterns & set ups!

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Check out a 74 or so truck and see how they did it and just mimic that.

Might even be able to use the proportioning valve from the same age truck as I doubt (without looking it up) that the brake sizing is much different. Need the master setup as well. Possibly you might be able to reuse the steel lines that were there for the drum brakes unless are different size, don't remember without looking.
D3TZ-2B257-A .. Brake Pressure Differential (aka proportioning) Valve / Marked: D3TB-2B524-AA / Obsolete

1973/74 F100 2WD & F250 2WD with 6,200 lbs. GVWR that have single piston caliper disc brakes.

1973 F100 2WD was the first to have disc brakes. Manual discs were standard equipment, power discs were optional.

Ford Truck Articles