Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today v2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
At least yours starts

Listen you.........lol

You just never mind
Duncan remembered how to post!!!!!
12856efaaf83a8e3727d555a2b0b456a.gif

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Halloween is a comng you two.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Lol. Ya. We gonna get u first
b743de439096939c409fcc290e6c492e.gif

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
As the boys get older (6 and 8 now), the trucks get less and less use....ugh.....79 haven't even taken out in 2019, but have driven the 77 3 or 4 times this year and drove it through a brush-less car wash to get all the dust off of it.

Drove it yesterday to the town office....really miss driving the rigs!

Next year, parking the 77 and will pull the 79 out for the occasional run into town and what not and will need to alternate now every year until the boys are old enough to drive them.

2019-08-26_15_45_44.jpg

2019-08-26_15_45_30.jpg

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
That's how it ends up. We have a 68 step side Chevy that was built 20 years ago for our one son in the garage. It hasn't moved since 98.
The boy is no longer with us, the truck just sits there with crap all over it.

Enjoy the trucks and boys while you can, you never know what the future brings

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
That's how it ends up. We have a 68 step side Chevy that was built 20 years ago for our one son in the garage. It hasn't moved since 2008.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's how it ends up. We have a 68 step side Chevy that was built 20 years ago for our one son in the garage. It hasn't moved since 98.

100% agree and thanks......that's pretty wild about your step side.....My wife says if the boys don't want these rigs when they get older, we'll sell them and give them the money. I told her I'd buy them!!!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, yours are still two of the prettiest trucks out there!

Very true.

Thanks! Love those rigs and really, really enjoy driving and cleaning them.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
100% agree and thanks......that's pretty wild about your step side.....My wife says if the boys don't want these rigs when they get older, we'll sell them and give them the money. I told her I'd buy them!!!
My advise, is to involve the boys more. use the trucks, drive them more frequently. stop keeping them as monuments. If the boys get used to being in and around the trucks, they become a part of them, not a treasure in the garage to turn into cash to buy some frivolous thing.

My middle and oldest son drive me crazy about the truck, but they would only sell it, and that would break my heart more than all the dust and crap piled on it now.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Good advice!

The yellow flareside in my avatar belongs to my daughter. It was given to her before she could drive and it didn't run. We spent countless weekend hours, busting knuckles together to get it running. She drove it through high school and it's her pride and joy. We didn't let her take it to college, the drive was too far for us to be comfortable with that. When she graduates, she'll take it with her where ever she goes. I don't think she'll ever sell it, but if she does decide to, I'll get first dibs and it won't leave the family, way too many memories to let go.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
My advise, is to involve the boys more. use the trucks, drive them more frequently. stop keeping them as monuments. If the boys get used to being in and around the trucks, they become a part of them, not a treasure in the garage to turn into cash to buy some frivolous thing.

My middle and oldest son drive me crazy about the truck, but they would only sell it, and that would break my heart more than all the dust and crap piled on it now.

I started to and need to get back into it.....my wife and I would have individual date nights (with mom) and boys night out (with dad (me)) and I would take the rigs with each boy when it was their turn....even my oldest and I started getting into cleaning it, which is one of my favorite things to do so it was heaven when he started helping me clean it.

Good advice!

The yellow flareside in my avatar belongs to my daughter. It was given to her before she could drive and it didn't run. We spent countless weekend hours, busting knuckles together to get it running. She drove it through high school and it's her pride and joy. We didn't let her take it to college, the drive was too far for us to be comfortable with that. When she graduates, she'll take it with her where ever she goes. I don't think she'll ever sell it, but if she does decide to, I'll get first dibs and it won't leave the family, way too many memories to let go.

That's cool!

Ken, is that YOU? Welcome back!

Yes sir...thanks Doug!

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Repaired some surface rust on the floor inside the cab and replaced the door seals. Man, it is so much quieter without the door rattle and wind noise YelloThumbUp

dustybumpers

don't play well w others

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles