Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Good Guys Car Show

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So I think this is a little early but I figure I should announce it soon so y'all can plan around it, if possible. The next Good Guys Car Show is coming up in March and I think it'd be really fun to do a get-together there. Here are a few links to the different Good Guys shows that will be happening in Pleasanton in 2009:

March 28-29
http://www.good-guys.com/events/eventDetails.aspx?eventid=09-801

May 30-31
http://www.good-guys.com/events/eventDetails.aspx?eventid=09-803

August 21-23
http://www.good-guys.com/events/eventDetails.aspx?eventid=09-625

November 14-15
http://www.good-guys.com/events/eventDetails.aspx?eventid=09-804

So the next is obviously March 28-29. The show is the "27th All American Get Together".

27th All American Get-Together
www.allamericangettogether.com
Alameda County Fairgrounds — Pleasanton, CA
March 28 & 29, 2009
All years American made & American powered Rods, Customs, Classics, Muscle Cars, Trucks and Specialty cars welcome.

Hopefully some of you can come out and join us!

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
March is a for sure as I'm done with class the 27th, anything else and I'll be back home in Idaho...

That would be awesome Chris. Im interested. :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
We could potentially all take my truck down there, as long as I don't plan on staying the night down there at my mom's place. You guys wanna carpool?

Conner-- will your dad be cool with letting you come with us? Or would he wanna tag along (that would be perfectly fine too).

We could potentially all take my truck down there, as long as I don't plan on staying the night down there at my mom's place. You guys wanna carpool?

Conner-- will your dad be cool with letting you come with us? Or would he wanna tag along (that would be perfectly fine too).

Ill talk to him about it and get back to you. :)

Hmmm this sounds like fun but such a long drive for my baby :( I live near LA and with 140k on my truck I no longer jump on such opportunities without careful consideration (I'm trying to keep this truck for as long as I possibly can while avoiding the expensive repair bills for later in life).

I really want to join you guys as I have never actually been to a car show (never really had time and money, always working on my own / family's rigs) but I just can't make up my mind. Ill keep this trip in my thoughts and let you guys know if I decide to drive out there.

That sounds like a good place for a meet - the GoodGuys shows always have a lot of beautiful cars. I usually go to at least one of their shows during the year down here.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Steve you in?

Eponator-- just think, if your truck has some issues on the way up, you'll have plenty of guys with enough expertise to help you get it ready for the trip back home ;)

What engine does he have? The V8s are getting there with 140k... but if its a 6 you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Hahah oh really?! I had a 94 with 5.0, 240k miles and it still ran like a champ when I sold it.

Well, I guess all we have is anecdotal evidence either way, haha. Good maintenance will make anything last quite a while, but most V8s do poop out before the sixes.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well, I guess all we have is anecdotal evidence either way, haha. Good maintenance will make anything last quite a while, but most V8s do poop out before the sixes.
Cuz they sprinkle magic fairy dust in the cylinders before they put the heads on?

Last edited:
Cuz they sprinkle magic fair dust in the cylinders before they put the heads on?

No, because the RPM range is lower. smilieneenar

My truck still had the hone marks in the cylinders at 140,000... :p :rofl:

V8s are for: smilieloser (j/k j/k... lol)

radialarm

Clown of Death!

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
No, because the RPM range is lower. smilieneenar

My truck still had the hone marks in the cylinders at 140,000... :p :rofl:

V8s are for: smilieloser (j/k j/k... lol)

the rpms are the same in a 6 or a v8... 6 just makes power over a narrow range, v8 over a broader range...

Put a 6 or a v8 in the same truck, they'll run at the same rpm...

no magic...

Ford Truck Articles