Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Lightning/Harley Davidson/Roush/Saleen

Old 06-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Texas Chapter member

TexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant futureTexasRho83 has a brilliant future
Why did Mark III shut down? My dad owned a 2nd hand Mark III Suburban and it was all decked out inside and out... they did such awesome work... what happened to em?

- Charles
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 01:52 PM

TRUKNUTZ will become famous soon enough
Wow that is one sweet Truck Shaun. That is a real nice Tribute to a Great Driver who is Truly Missed. Thanks for putting it up on the board....
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
OP of 1st PWT

5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute
omg that is definatly one awesome truck. i wish i could get my hands on it. i would.......................... wait hold on these boards are supposed to be G rated so ill stop there.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Ranger Lariat

Fordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRho83 View Post
Why did Mark III shut down? My dad owned a 2nd hand Mark III Suburban and it was all decked out inside and out... they did such awesome work... what happened to em?
I'm not too sure.They closed,and then a couple years back they reopened,but then they closed again.From what I hear,they're back in business,but they're private,and I have no idea if they still do anything automotive related.Last time I drove by,there was about 30 Dodge Rams in front of one of the buildings,but that was a couple years ago when they had reopened.I know that part of the property was leased out to a hot tub manufacturing company,but I don't know if they're still there either.This website lists them as being in business,and it seems to have been recently updated......

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/prod...1872-page.html
Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Ranger Lariat

Fordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUKNUTZ View Post
Wow that is one sweet Truck Shaun. That is a real nice Tribute to a Great Driver who is Truly Missed. Thanks for putting it up on the board....
Thanks.And your welcome.I wasn't old enough to remember Davey racing,but I've seen him on old tapes my dad has of him racing,and I know that if he was still around,he'd be my favorite driver.He was one of the nicest and cleanest racers there ever was.They'll never be another racer like him.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Ranger Lariat

According to Google Maps,Mark III is an abandoned factory.Here's a street view...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...7&z=16&iwloc=A
Old 06-25-2009, 09:40 PM

flareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond repute
yea think it just gets rented out for storage I see furniture trucks in there every now n then...I'd like to wander around that place..maybe find some emblems or stickers or somethin....I think Regal took mark III's place doing those conversions....
Old 06-25-2009, 09:43 PM
"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?

F 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant futureF 150Cobra has a brilliant future
these rims are bestsellers of the time or what?? i have also have them.. im going to paint them MATT black let them look like powdercoated

F150 1990 blue thunder
F250 1996 Frankenmonster
Bronco 1994 (dad's ride)
Lightning 1994 (restoring)

Aruba.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:56 PM

flareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond repute
I got a set too not doin anything...just layin around...
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 PM

Rooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtruckman80 View Post
Thanks.And your welcome.I wasn't old enough to remember Davey racing,but I've seen him on old tapes my dad has of him racing,and I know that if he was still around,he'd be my favorite driver.He was one of the nicest and cleanest racers there ever was.They'll never be another racer like him.
Yeah, them was the days, i remember when davey & bobby tried to whup cale yarlborough after the datona 500... funny, they probably got a bonus for that, nowadays they'd get fined for it. I think that was the first nationally televised flag-to-flag coverage of a nascar race.

I'm glad to see the Woods Bros. are still running at least a limited schedule with awesome bill from dawsonville

'06 SCab 4x4
'99 FLHRCI
'76 FXE