Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Chris told me to come here.

Hi my Name is Greg. Ive had and work on fords since I was 8 years old. and everything else you can think of. My dad was a Big GC contractor in the 70s 80s and till 2003. So keeping everything running like new was my job.So 7.3 PSD 6.0 PSD and pushrod engines and the most of the mods as well. E4OD and 4R100s Are all things i can fix or build with my eyes closed. Not saying im the best at fixing everything thing or i am the best. But if its got to run and work for tomorrows job you better bet im going to have there to work by morning.

I think if you Know Chris You heard some can't believe it things about someone gen 1 Lighting Truck. That would be me. Yes Chris you tell some tall story some times.
I have a 93 Lighting. All built By me. Ever part By me, Engine a 408 twin 74mm turbo. Nothing stock engine not even the block is stock. runs a E4OD trans. PI 3500 lockup convertor. has a 9" rearend with 3;70 gears. Lowered 5 in the front and 6 in the rear. C-noch and 4-Link with collovers in the rear. all steel body and all the power widows door locks and so on are in the truck. sorry no heat or are. Truck been like this from 1999. truck is about to be reborn. its been down for 4 years. And be rebuild from the grown up. It was time.

And I still have My F350 Sevice truck that my dad left me when he closed shop.

But thanks for asking me aboard. Greg

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Welcome to FTF! We're happy to have your input on a variety of subjects. I have at times resorted to unconventional methods when working around a problem to get a rig back on the road asap. It drives the textbook guys crazy, but the let me hang around here - ha!

The Boss doesn't seam to care how you did it. as long as its ready for work for the next day and its making him money and its still safe to drive . the boss is happy. Yea we had big trucks to. Some macks, Paccars with 3406 cats in them. and Ford. Sorry Ford never made a Good class 7 or 8 truck. All you were Buying was the cab and wiring.

Welcome to FTF! We're happy to have your input on a variety of subjects. I have at times resorted to unconventional methods when working around a problem to get a rig back on the road asap. It drives the textbook guys crazy, but the let me hang around here - ha!

But you hit the nail on the head. TEXTBOOK. People don't use there brain anymore they use the computer. your car doesn't have any codes so there nothing wrong with it. you dont know what your taking about Mr.
Well Tech did you test drive my car?? Well No I didn't have to drive it the computer said its ready to go. And I say go *%$##% up you *&.

LOL my truck when my dad was still around. was running out of fuel the injector were hammering . So after the ford dealer had it 3 times and he spent $700 on it there.With out fixing it. I got it back cleaned the tank and its been good ever since. It was left at a job site for a week and the fuel cap was lost or kids put dirt in the tank . But any way there is 3 screen were the pump should be in a gas truck. and they were cloged and there was trash floating in the fuel.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I should probably define "rig" - anything on wheels is a rig out here west of the Mississippi. I don't have anything bigger than a couple of two tons: a '48 and a '52 F6 ... which is an F600/650 to you new truck guys

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
welcome, always good to have more people around to shoot the bull, and most of all to answer questions

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Welcome to FTF. Do us all a favor take Chris for a real ride in your Lightning,but make sure he is wearing 2 pair of depends. :wasntme:

Dont worry Ill make Chris cry for his mom before its done.

Im waiting for my EFI computer back from F.A.S.T.wanted some updates done to it. I need to put a new blowoff valve on. And im putting new seats in it. And tages. And its done.

one good pic of my Girl.

670.JPG

Ford Truck Articles