Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Beautiful Rare Davey Allison 93 F150

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-2-000-MILES-SHOW-CUSTOM-MARK-III-DAVEY-ALLISON_W0QQitemZ170346341921QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a96ee621&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A317|240%3A1308

Here is a beautiful 1993 Ford F150,done up as a tribute to Davey Allison.Apparently,these trucks were built after Davey's death in 1993.There are only 6 total according to the description.What hits home to me,is that the trucks were built at Mark III Conversions,which used to be in my town.They closed down in the late 90's.What's even better,is that my dad was employed at Mark III when these trucks were built.He was an A/C tech and installed a/c systems in the vehicles.I'm not sure if he touched these trucks,but Me and my dad are huge Davey Allison fans,so i'm sure my dad made his way over to look at these trucks.Just thought i'd share this beautiful truck.And since Ebay listings don't last long,i'll post a couple pics.

Picture_001.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_006.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
lol.I would,but I haven't talked to him in close to a year now.I don't even know where he lives.And i'm not too sure he worked on the A/C's on the trucks.I know he did the vans,cause he used to tell me how much he hated Econoline vans.lol.I asked my mom,but she couldn't remember if he worked on the trucks or not.Knowing my dad,i'm sure he's at least touched your truck.lol.

BTW,You have one of the nicest flaresides i've ever seen man.Can't say I like the body kit they put on them at Mark III,but the truck is nice.lol.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
yea...bodykit is not installed now for sure...hopefully it'll look as good leveled out.....Now I gotta get the scratches out from the woods....

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
yea...bodykit is not installed now for sure...hopefully it'll look as good leveled out.....Now I gotta get the scratches out from the woods....

Yea,I hate bodykits.They make the trucks look like lowriders.I like my trucks high up in the air.Honestly,I like the way your truck sits with the lift.But everybody's tastes are different.I will say that I like a lifted longbed over a Flareside though.

Why did Mark III shut down? My dad owned a 2nd hand Mark III Suburban and it was all decked out inside and out... they did such awesome work... what happened to em?

YelloThumbUp Wow that is one sweet Truck Shaun. That is a real nice Tribute to a Great Driver who is Truly Missed. Thanks for putting it up on the board....

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Why did Mark III shut down? My dad owned a 2nd hand Mark III Suburban and it was all decked out inside and out... they did such awesome work... what happened to em?

I'm not too sure.They closed,and then a couple years back they reopened,but then they closed again.From what I hear,they're back in business,but they're private,and I have no idea if they still do anything automotive related.Last time I drove by,there was about 30 Dodge Rams in front of one of the buildings,but that was a couple years ago when they had reopened.I know that part of the property was leased out to a hot tub manufacturing company,but I don't know if they're still there either.This website lists them as being in business,and it seems to have been recently updated......

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/product-compint-0001291872-page.html

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
YelloThumbUp Wow that is one sweet Truck Shaun. That is a real nice Tribute to a Great Driver who is Truly Missed. Thanks for putting it up on the board....

Thanks.And your welcome.I wasn't old enough to remember Davey racing,but I've seen him on old tapes my dad has of him racing,and I know that if he was still around,he'd be my favorite driver.He was one of the nicest and cleanest racers there ever was.They'll never be another racer like him.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
yea think it just gets rented out for storage I see furniture trucks in there every now n then...I'd like to wander around that place..maybe find some emblems or stickers or somethin....I think Regal took mark III's place doing those conversions....

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
these rims are bestsellers of the time or what?? i have also have them.. im going to paint them MATT black let them look like powdercoated

Thanks.And your welcome.I wasn't old enough to remember Davey racing,but I've seen him on old tapes my dad has of him racing,and I know that if he was still around,he'd be my favorite driver.He was one of the nicest and cleanest racers there ever was.They'll never be another racer like him.

Yeah, them was the days, i remember when davey & bobby tried to whup cale yarlborough after the datona 500... funny, they probably got a bonus for that, nowadays they'd get fined for it. I think that was the first nationally televised flag-to-flag coverage of a nascar race. smiliepeelout

I'm glad to see the Woods Bros. are still running at least a limited schedule with awesome bill from dawsonvillesmilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles