Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Ford project. Sigh............

I don't know what happened, but I have progress on the picture issue. Yeaaa!

Sorry but not into a grinder if I don't have to. Old saying... If you have to grind your welds, your a grinder , not a welder. I hate grinding.

Frame is pretty well dispelled of all extraneous bull*(& parts and pieces.

Found a crack, not in a bad spot, but never in a good spot.

Caught this frame just in time. Starting to rust pretty good under the bolt in cross member.

Attachments

• Ford parts for sale 001.jpg
  • Ford parts for sale 011.jpg
  • Ford parts for sale 015.jpg
  • Ford parts for sale 016.jpg
Have a rolling frame now.

Any one need a 150 front axle assembly?

Another shot of the rust on the frame at the bolt in cross member.

Attachments

• Ford parts for sale 010.jpg
  • Ford parts for sale 013.jpg
  • Ford parts for sale 017.jpg
Is there someone near you that does blasting? If so, I would consider it before assembling it. It looks like it has had a lot of heavy rust and you would be well off to keep it from getting worse, specially on a 4x4. Have it blasted and epoxy primer it before assembly. If you want to message me, I can recommend the best epoxy for the project, but I won't post it here because I don't want to be accused of advertising for them.

Aaron D. Thomas

Is there someone near you that does blasting? If so, I would consider it before assembling it. It looks like it has had a lot of heavy rust and you would be well off to keep it from getting worse, specially on a 4x4. Have it blasted and epoxy primer it before assembly. If you want to message me, I can recommend the best epoxy for the project, but I won't post it here because I don't want to be accused of advertising for them.

Aaron D. Thomas
Yea me. I have a sand blaster.

Well this sucks! I just figured out the the engine bay / cradle is different. Not the motor mount part, but where the front axle attaches. There is a boss where the DS side bolts on and it's not on the new frame. Any ideas?

Feel like I.m talking to myself here.

I am now in the market for a solid front axle, I guess off of a F 350 in the range of years that would fit my truck. Solves a whole group of issues.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I did a little googleing and came up with this. I have axle code 29, (Thanks Miranda, I never knew about axle codes) My truck has a 5 speed with a inline 6. Do any of you think I will have a issue finding solid axle with that gear ratio?

29 3.55 5300 FORD REG 1991

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I did a little googleing and came up with this. I have axle code 29, (Thanks Miranda, I never knew about axle codes) My truck has a 5 speed with a inline 6. Do any of you think I will have a issue finding solid axle with that gear ratio?

29 3.55 5300 FORD REG 1991

The axle ratio is listed next to the code, which is a 3.55. Solid axles with that ratio would be very common.

primetime

sawmill slave
Nevermind, figured it out. A Dana 60 is probably a lot easier then swapping the crossmember, and is what I would do. Not that the TTB is a bad thing, it does fine for the majority of use, especially if your primary use is towing, street use, two tracking, and you don`t plan on lifting it with huge tires.

Nevermind, figured it out. A Dana 60 is probably a lot easier then swapping the crossmember, and is what I would do. Not that the TTB is a bad thing, it does fine for the majority of use, especially if your primary use is towing, street use, two tracking, and you don`t plan on lifting it with huge tires.

Not much luck finding a dana 60 front axle. I am not going to put huge tires on it. And it won't be a daily driver. I just want a fun fwd pickup. I drive a different brand as my daily driver, any wheres from 2 wheel drive to 8 wheel drive when I lock in the axles.

There has been a few delays in this project. Job change, work and more work. I think I can start back up on this in a few weeks. Just going to change the cradle out and be done with it.

Thanks for your input.
Mark

primetime

sawmill slave
You should take a look at swapping in Super Duty axles. The rear seems to be pretty much a bolt in. In the front, you will need F-350 springs, or use Super Duty springs. Which will either require a shackle reversal for the front, which will lift the truck, or move the front shackle ahead, because Super Duty springs are longer, which improves the ride.

Either way, with that F-150 frame, you have some work ahead of you.

primetime

sawmill slave

Ford Truck Articles