Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rocker Arms

The advice we (certified techs) give here, is admittedly basic.

Won't argue that.......

Dave and I have been through countless hours of engine building, engine diagnostics, and engine performance. If we needed to give EVERY detail of engine building, our posts would be thousands of characters long. Yes, we have used a torque wrench with the appropriate tools to measure spring tension and installed height. Yes, we have ground down the spring seats to accommodate longer springs. Dont assume automatically that someone doesn't know what they are doing.

Just think "Tighten 'em down" was not good advice.

Even if shims end up not being needed.......it would have been nice to give a torque spec. or maybe explain not trying to tighten while a lifter is on a lobe.

I do enough reading to know it's a 351, I was assuming stock valvetrain due to the fact he didn't mention aftermarket. There is no harm in doing it but thats not what he asked.

Again, aftermarket is NOT the deciding factor on whether going the extra effort to ensure a proper install is warranted.

Sorry to hear about your GT are you sure it wasn't driver error? Im done here.......

No driver error.........but it certainly was "certified tech" error after 'just tightning 'em down.':)

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Enough guys. This needs to end.

It's quite embarrassing for our own mods to be arguing with each other. Take it up in PMs please.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts