Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2006 ford escape

Hi there I am looking for some help.I own a 2006 ford escape and it is giving me a lot of troubles.It runs great for about 20 mins then it is heated up and every time I come to a stop it gives a little shudder and stalls,if I put it in to nutreal when I come to a stop it will then stay running can anyone give me some advise Thank you

blacksnapon

Staff member
sounds like your torque converter is staying locked up. Let me do some research and I'll get back with you. It might just be a solenoid sticking in your valve body.

Hey thanks I just took it into the transmission shop and they said it was locking up and that I need to install a new transmission does that sound right

Fellro

Staff member
Codes do not guarantee a problem, nor does lack of codes guarantee there is no problems either. If they don't understand that, I would suggest a different trans shop. Typically, it is the solenoid causing the issue, but there are other things that can cause the lock up portion of the torque converter to stay engaged. If they have to replace the converter, it requires the trans to be removed from the vehicle. GM front drives had this issue a lot as well, and by unplugging the lockup solenoid, the vehicle could continue to be driven, just would not engage the lockup.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts