Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Amazon.com for parts?

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I was really surprised today when I happened to do a search for parts for my truck and found out that Amazon.com has LOTS of them! I even found some parts that are hard to find. I realize they are not all factory Ford, and the actual sellers are outside of Amazon, but there are some mfgs. listed that are high quality replacements. Anyway, here is the link to parts for a 1977 F250.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/part-finde...d/F-250/ref=au_pf_car_sli_0?ie=UTF8&carId=001
I was impressed. Anybody purchased parts from them before?
Dak

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I've bought parts from all kinds of place's Dak but never Amazon, I would say go for it as long as their prices are good...

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
thanks Tex. I was just surprised about it. I don't always have time to do a lot of research on parts, but in fact there really are a lot of places out there to get them still. I sorta feel like buying 2 of everything and hording them for the future when we won't be able to find good stuff for our trucks anymore! :redface:
dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've never bought from amazon either...alot of times though, it seems like they list anything and everything you could want...name brand, cheap stuff, etc. I say go for it if it's the brand you want and if the price is right. However, I'd just be careful that since it is from and 'outside' seller, you do your research to make sure you get what was advertised.

I was really surprised today when I happened to do a search for parts for my truck and found out that Amazon.com has LOTS of them! I even found some parts that are hard to find. I realize they are not all factory Ford, and the actual sellers are outside of Amazon, but there are some mfgs. listed that are high quality replacements. Anyway, here is the link to parts for a 1977 F250.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/part-finde...d/F-250/ref=au_pf_car_sli_0?ie=UTF8&carId=001
I was impressed. Anybody purchased parts from them before?
Dak

You'd be surprised the parts you can find on Amazon, i bought a set of Motorcraft glow plugs for my '83 Ranger at $10.49 ea. (free shipping too!) it was directly through Amazon not an outside seller, last four they had too, the cheapest i found them anywhere else was $39.95 ea.

thanks Tex. I was just surprised about it. I don't always have time to do a lot of research on parts, but in fact there really are a lot of places out there to get them still. I sorta feel like buying 2 of everything and hording them for the future when we won't be able to find good stuff for our trucks anymore! :redface:
dak

I wouldn't be too concerned about parts for our trucks becoming rare anytime soon. Relatively speaking there's still lots of 'em on the road, and lots of parts span quite a number of model years.

Personally, I think we're pretty safe. Then again my perspective might be skewed a bit. ...try tracking down anything for an '88 Mitsu Starion! It either means lots of $$$ or lots of time online. Sometimes both.

Personally, I think we're pretty safe. Then again my perspective might be skewed a bit. ...try tracking down anything for an '88 Mitsu Starion! It either means lots of $$$ or lots of time online. Sometimes both.

I feel your pain, i'm in the same boat with my '83 Ford Ranger 2.2L diesel, they only had a two year production run in '83-'84 and though it does share most parts (which are readily available) with other Rangers of that era when it comes to engine parts for the diesel they're just not very well supported in the aftermarket so it requires a lot of time researching online, calling obsolete parts dealers, etc.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Geez...you guys think you have problems...try finding parts for my '83 vette.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I feel your pain, i'm in the same boat with my '83 Ford Ranger 2.2L diesel, they only had a two year production run in '83-'84 and though it does share most parts (which are readily available) with other Rangers of that era when it comes to engine parts for the diesel they're just not very well supported in the aftermarket so it requires a lot of time researching online, calling obsolete parts dealers, etc.

They had ranger diesels!? 'smiliedoh'

Geez...you guys think you have problems...try finding parts for my '83 vette.

Isn't a CHEVETTE is it? :rofl:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Geez...everybody's a critic...so the general public couldn't get them. I'll send you on this task then...find me a single replacement part.

I'll try...

I get that alot but yea they sure did, '83-'84's came equipped with a 2.2L Mazda/Perkins diesel and the '85-'87's came equipped with a 2.3L Mitsubishi turbo diesel.

sweet! I never knew that...

Didn't know they made a ss ranger till recently either... 'drama'

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts