Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

intake manifold suggestions

So while I've got the carb off the ol' 460, I decided to just go ahead and upgrade the intake manifold. The original one has 30 yrs of farm soil and fertilizer baked onto it like clay. So I'd say it's time to say bye-bye.

I'm leaning toward the Weiland 8012, as it seems to have some good reviews, and is a darn sight cheaper than the edelbrock.

Should I go ahead and spring for some new ARP (A14-4552101) bolts as well?
What're the torque specs anyway?
Gasket Set recommendations?

Thanks.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Weiand Stealth.

Well, good to see I'm on the right track w/ the Weiand (misspelled in the original post. my bad).

Any takers on the other questions? ...and for the torque specs, I'm referencing the torque for the manifold bolts, not engine torque- in case that wasn't obvious.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
1979 book says 22-32 lb/ft...but it wouldn't surprise me if either the intake and/or studs come with their own recommended torque.
Personally, I like Cometic gaskets.

Weiand #1993

smiliepeelout

Haha! Sweetness.
Not for this Ford. It's too much of a creampuff to turn hotrod.

...I do have my eye on a 58 Edsel Corsair though...if I wind up getting it, I may just turn it into something worthy of an intake like that, just to be ironic.

Thx for the stats, DNFXDLI. I really do need to just buckle down and buy the actual book.

i run edelbrock "air gap" and performer both are good

Afraid you're outvoted, miotti. Plus, I just can't ignore the price diff. Edelbrocks ain't cheap.

Still, this is gonna be for the propane setup we discussed in the other thread, miottimouse. I found a sweeet 750 Holley 4150 throttle plate - and it should be a perfect fit for the Weiand. Once I get a chance to piece all this together, I'll throw a pic up in the "engine bay pics" thread, and let ya know how it's performing.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts