Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What is this? ...and do I need it?

I went through the engine bay and replaced all the old vacuum lines with nice new tubing (left over from when I did my car).

No problems other than one of the two vac connectors broke off of the thing in the picture. Went ahead and just T 'd the lines that plugged into it together.

Truck's been running fine like that, but I'm curious as to what it's for.

picture is attached. In case you can't tell, it's a round plastic piece attached to the inside front of the passenger side valve cover.

Attachments

• 0601091841a.jpg
It is really difficult to see, can you prop it up or move it out of that area then take a pic ?

That's that part you lost awhile back when you took the truck apart :wasntme:

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
If somebody had the vaccume schematics you could probably figure out what it is. That is a temp. controlled vaccume fitting coming out of the thermostat housing.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Chuck I think he is refering to what is behind the vacuum switch in t-stat housing.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Oh!! My bad!! Did it possibly come out of the air cleaner housing? I can't seem to remember what those things were called. But some of the older air cleaners used to have a little round thing that vaccume lines hooked up to.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I went through the engine bay and replaced all the old vacuum lines with nice new tubing (left over from when I did my car).

No problems other than one of the two vac connectors broke off of the thing in the picture. Went ahead and just T 'd the lines that plugged into it together.

Truck's been running fine like that, but I'm curious as to what it's for.

picture is attached. In case you can't tell, it's a round plastic piece attached to the inside front of the passenger side valve cover.

Damn that's a lot of F---ing vac lines. I have a 79 460 and it doesn't have any of that..

gsxr1238

Be fast.....or be last.
Is this a Thermactor engine?The not so great picture and schematic I have show it to be a Vacuum Differential Valve.Might have something to do with the air pump and dump valve under deceleration.Hope this helps.

I have all the vacuum diagrams anyone needs.
I just have to see the part ..right now it is partially hidden

F350

7-97j-r0.jpg

F150-F250

8-66U-R0R.jpg

8-66U-R0L.jpg

Last edited:
BAH! I think that's it-- #52 on the diagram.-- AAD installed Air Cleaner TVS Valve.

Many thanks for the help! Your diagrams are awesome.

81 460 E-350 Camper vac diagrams

Hi Mil1 , The diagrams are deleted from post ? Do you have for my E-350 by any chance ? Thx again for the lead on this site !:guns:

I have all the vacuum diagrams anyone needs.
I just have to see the part ..right now it is partially hidden

F350

7-97j-r0.jpg

F150-F250

8-66U-R0R.jpg

8-66U-R0L.jpg

yes I do.........
Tell me more about it .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts