Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

78 F100 lift kit recomendations please

hey guys, new to the fourm,im from New Zealand. i picked myself up a 78 F100 custom a year ago, rebuilt the bottom end on it, now im going for a stroker on the 351c to a 408. have fully rebuilt the manual trans and transfer. currently running 33" tyres but thinking about doing a 4" lift and 35" tyres. could i get some recommendations on who sells a good kit with everything needed (other than brake lines and drive shaft if needed) and that isnt rock hard suspension. its just a weekend driver for going up river beds/forestry/any mud i can find/towing the bikes around etc. heres a pic of the beast when i picked it up

2X cbaker65

Im pretty sure i have a rough coutry 4 inch lift with rear blocks. The front is a little stiff but i think its just the cheap shocks. I will eventually get nice ones. The complaint i have the most is the rar lift block. It already has a 3" factory block plus the rc block..

Its like 6-8" of blocks, they do have a kit with new springs for around 550$ or there is also the syjacker kit for pretty cheap. I thought that they were a rough country brand though.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There is Skyjacker, Rancho that come to mind.

^^Stacking blocks is bad. Use just one taller block, or replace the rear springs with the amount of lift you're looking at doing.

I didnt stack them, i plan on replacing at least the lift block with a lift spring.

cheers for the comments on the truck dudes. im looking at doing some rust repairs in the coming weeks, and my motor parts are here so i need to get some stuff happening on this. i like the look of some parts and lift kit from jeffs bronco graveyard. but with 2 emails sent no reply. i want to steer clear of lift blocks. i can get rear springs made but the company wont do front coils that large for "saftey" reasons.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Nice looking truck. I like the old-style turbine wheels, also.

The complete Ford shop manual for the '78 is posted under the Gen 6 forum.

no to skyjacker

I was just going to make a post about my skyjacker failure and saw you post.

I installed a 6 inch on my 78 f250 and the driver front has sagged over two inches.

This truck might have 2000 miles on it since the install (60k original). it never goes off road. I hauled some stone in it but nothing over 2500lbs.

Anyway, skyjacker will do nothing. The cost of shipping it back and forth is more than the spring. I would never again buy an off the shelf spring unless i new who, where and when it was made.

I will post pictures under a separate thread.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles