Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1976 F250 body donor

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Well my old man finally found a rust free truck for a donor. He's getting his 77 F150 redone and it's pretty rusty. Found this in a local ad. 76 F250 2wd. He drove it 80 miles home for $900.

007-4.jpg

009-3.jpg

006-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not a bad donor at all, especially a driver. I paid $750 for the truck that donated some parts to Red, and it didn't have an engine or tranny. I can't get over how straight/rust free that thing is for your area. How did he get it for so cheap?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
It was an Oregon truck so not living it's entire life up here is beneficial in keeping the rust away. And yeah, it's very straight.

Cheap, yes. 2wd trucks up here just don't have much worth. Some years you can't even drive a 2wd truck (or any rwd vehichle) for months.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gotcha...guess I know where I'll get looking if I ever have the urge to get a 2wd...they have the same good clean bodies as the SE, but half the cost cuz 2wd's aren't as practical.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks like a full floating rear axle, also. Good find.

I'd like to say that's horse feces...whenever I launch a boat, mine sure as hell doesn't float.smiliebeenripped

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Looks like a full floating rear axle, also. Good find.

I'm thinking it's a Dana 61, haven't looked yet. I think most 2wd 250's came with them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
:rolling laugh: You prob'ly got the semi-floating.....

HAHA...actually it is a full floating

I'm thinking it's a Dana 61, haven't looked yet. I think most 2wd 250's came with them.

I believe a D61 code would be 22 (3.07's) or 23 (3.31's) on the WP. But yeah, D61 would be my bet right now.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Gotcha...guess I know where I'll get looking if I ever have the urge to get a 2wd...they have the same good clean bodies as the SE, but half the cost cuz 2wd's aren't as practical.

But the key is finding one that's not all rusted out up here. It took Dad about 2 years to find this one. It seems that the 2wd's don't get worked as hard either, the boxes aren't usually banged up too bad.

I believe a D61 code would be 22 (3.07's) or 23 (3.31's) on the WP. But yeah, D61 would be my bet right now.

I'll have to take a peak at it tomorrow.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
But the key is finding one that's not all rusted out up here. It took Dad about 2 years to find this one. It seems that the 2wd's don't get worked as hard either, the boxes aren't usually banged up too bad.

True dat

I'll have to take a peak at it tomorrow.

Don't remember if you have the books or not...but if not, post the code you do find, I'll look it up.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
The site is either running beautifully like usual, ot Ben is going to cheap efforts to post whore?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn internet...didn't realize that...deleted.

It looks like a really good body. there are at least ten trucks in that condition and price range in my area(if anyone else is looking ) and I am hoping that one of them is going to become a bed donor for my truck to repair the accident damage. Looks like a really clean truck for your area. build thread?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Possible build thread. Most of the work will be done at a body shop, I have no time at the moment for a full build. I plan on at least getting the boxes swapped, maybe the doors if I have time.

Didn't get to check the rear axle, it got put into storage before I could check.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts