Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wiw looking to buy my first gen6

It is comfy! From what others are telling me, and the build sheet (found in the glive box) this truck has a "rare" luxury option on top of already being a ranger xlt

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
It is comfy! From what others are telling me, and the build sheet (found in the glive box) this truck has a "rare" luxury option on top of already being a ranger xlt

And what would that option be?

From what I've been told. It includes the hub cabs, color matched steering column and wheel, cruise control, extra plush carpet, carpet behind seat up the cab, seat pattern, roof inlet, and was only available in the tan/brown color combo. Don't quote me on that tho that's just what I've been told and read online.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
It might be the XLT Luxury Group, which could have been the predecessor of the Ranger Lariat. For the Ranger Lariat 1978 was the first year of the Ranger Lariat trim package, for that is what my 78 F150 is a Ranger Lariat. So what I'm thinking is that what you have is an option package which is comparable to the Lariat in 77 although the first year of the Ranger Lariat. But another possibility is that Ford had a plethora of options that were available on the Gen 6 F-Series, and that you have one that someone had special ordered it, and they had went nuts when they ordered it which EVERYTHING in it and I mean EVERYTHING. That's just my thoughts.smilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles