Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Uper or Loper

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Originally from WI, figured ya'll needed a little help in here. What is the term referring to, and which one are you. Hint, Only from 1 state in the chapter.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
The dells? Upper and Lower Dells.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Wrong state.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I'm originally from De Pere. (Therefore, I am neither a loper or a uper.) As the old saying goes the town got its name when an Indian fell in the Fox River and replied "Deep Here". 'badachang'

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
isn't WI wisconson?

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Yes WI is Wisconsin, but that is not the state the term comes from. It's one of the states in this chapter.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Oh ok I gotcha! Dang and I thought you just typed it wrong. LOL

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
A uper is from the U.P. a loper is from the mainland.

Old thread but...

Washington Island?

yooper or troll.....yooper is from the upper peninsula, Troll lives below the bridge(Da Yoopers gave us that name) I am a troll.....

Otherwise, the fox river ran through my last resident town of Aurora, IL.

SO, Illynoise? Illinois... duh, lol

Michigan
Why did i know it as soon as i read the title of this thread :) lol Im a Looper. Never really heard of a troll lol

Fellro

Staff member
I got it right away as well, and haven't been to MI just yet...

Michigan
Your not missing a whole lot lol... Northern MI is beautiful. But stay away from Detroit lol

David1357

'94 F150 5.0
Hey there, all. I'm Dave, from Westland...very near Detroit (ain't been shot or abused yet!). I'm working on a '94 F150 5.0 that hasn't been driven in 6 years. So far...got the brakes done...a bit to go yet, eh?

Ford Truck Articles