Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my 10th gen's log

NEWFIE F-150

son of Steve
had some interest, so time to give in and start a project log on FTF. this is my 1999 XLT supercab flareside. well, I'll do a write up with a few pics right now as to what's been done, and keep it updated with new progress. try to keep it in order bast I can up till now, but can't promise I can do that exactly.

so it all began in february 2011. driving down the main road with Dad in a car I try not to remember too much, on the way home for the weekend....passing through the last town before hitting my own, glad to be coming home but all seems normal. when suddenly, sitting by the road in the lot of the Trinity South, NFLD regional community center, is...her. well to make a long story short, there was the standard phone call, test drive, little bargaining, cash retrieval, and the ownership transfer jazz....by by the end of that friday evening $4000 was out the window so to speak and she's in our driveway dwarfing the 2 small cars. completely stock minus a tonneau cover I never did like. she's got a romeo 4.6 triton, a 4R70W auto trans, a H9 or 3.55 LS rear end, and is 2wd. she's got a prarie tan interior with cloth bucket seats, a tow package, and sport package. had 98K at the time. here she is as she was then:

well....nothing too much happened for a year. loved her look, and after there being no truck in the immediate family since the old dakota kicked the bucket 5 or so years before, both me and Dad were glad just to have a truck around. grandparents were't hurting for it either (we're all in the one house when me and dad are home), no more needing firewood delivered all the time, et cetera. she hauled a few loads the cars couldn't, had a bit of fun in her, whatever. however a year later some rust began to show a bit too much on the front bumper and rockers. so operation black 2-tone began. not long after, a bug deflector. here's a pic of both

a while later, the bed cover came off, and on came a full cap. that's gone now as well, won't post any pics as I have some but they'd be a lot of trouble to look for. let's just say I didn't like the look anyway. the big upgrade for a while after that was rebuilding the chassis, which was rusting to pieces. in comes a load of new metal. let's just say you can feel the strength under her now, driving her....several times thicker metal than brand new.

well, after all that, bye bye cap. always liked her with a bare box best. looks a lot better....here she is with no cover of any kind.

also, she got a little sister last october if that counts lol. 2004 XL 4.6 2wd

more recently, painting the stock rims until such time as they can be replaced....

ditched the junk 26'' stock muffler for a new unit.

got rid of the filthy license plate for new:

F-150 badged mudflaps

3.5" black tip:

recently the tailgates come off as the first leg of a full paint job. she's also de-badged fully, has fresh exhaust manifolds etc. she's in need of shocks and somewhat in need of brakes, so there's some more work for the future.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i been driving mine :)

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
not such a pup lol she's getting old fast and it hurts to see....but thanks lol I love her.

yeah lol I love that hitch cover

i call all dogs pups.. lol :) they always seem to do that... but when they live shorter than us thats not hard to do...

I bought mine to nag at dad more... little did i know the irony that would fall 2 months later lol

Oh yeah???? I thought it was driving you around.

nope... i drive it... it keeps stumbling...

NEWFIE F-150

son of Steve
i call all dogs pups.. lol :) they always seem to do that... but when they live shorter than us thats not hard to do...

I bought mine to nag at dad more... little did i know the irony that would fall 2 months later lol

haha yup. try a pet rodent, watch how fast he/she gets old.....but I love my dog. she's 12. her name's Blue

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok

You are driving a drunk truck? Stop giving it alkhol

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
truck appears to be in a constant state of dirtyness...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
actually she's usually very clean, I guess I took most of those pics the right time to make it seem otherwise

yeah that usually seems to be my luck part of the time too...

Hey Sparkomatic look up there are a few pic's where it's nice and clean

shhh... trying to get him to wash it daily lol...

Ford Truck Articles