Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

EcoBoost exhaust

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i remember something about AEM dry filters i dont remember

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I know there is a huge debate about k&n filters. But with the factory oiling, they work the best. So with that said, would the potential upgraded power and the sound of the turbo spool be worth a more expensive filter come time to change?

Just a thought. I used k&n filters on a diesel before and you could hear the turbo spool alot better than a typical filter.

Just something to consider.
K&N filters can flow more because they flow larger particulate through the filter media, not to mention the oil fouls up the MAF sensor and makes a mess in your intake duct. No thank you.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
sounds pretty good!

I guess that's why I needed to order it! I think the extended cab long bed is the best, I can carry people and cargo while towing my trailer. Now all I need its for it to come in. I ordered it 2 weeks ago.

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
from all the ones Ive listened to online, the heartthrob sounded the best on the eco

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If I were to buy exhaust I'm pretty certain I'd go with the 4" heartthrob kit. That being said-- I'm looking at trading in my truck... Nothing is for certain yet but I'm looking at my options...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That being said-- I'm looking at trading in my truck... Nothing is for certain yet but I'm looking at my options...

:drop::drop::drop::drop::drop::drop: What??????????? Not the truck of your dreams? Too many headaches? New vehicles are overrated?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The truck has had its fair share or issues so far -- mostly trans and driveline related. But recently the trans started having some more strange symptoms that are making me nervous-- such as occasional EXTRA harsh shifts. They also still can't solve my driveline vibration and they're basically telling me to pound sand (politely). So I started thinking I could trade the truck for a 5.0 Mustang :D Of course I need to have a truck so I could keep Bertha for the occassional haul. It's all conjecture at this point-- I'm just weighing my options.

Michigan
Not to get off topic to be what is/has been discussed thus far, and back to the two videos of the exhaust..

I drive these trucks almost on a daily basis working at a dealership and each time i drive a ecoboost i cant help but be disgusted by how you cant hear the turbos.. I know that most people these days probably dont like that. But, keep in mind the cab of these trucks cut out a ton of noise. Id just like to hear some turbo sound..

Also Chris, Have you takin your truck to any other dealerships to find out what the problem could be with the vibrations? Again sorry if this has already been discussed. Sorry Im just out of the loop.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
and they're basically telling me to pound sand (politely).

I feel your pain brother...sorry to hear that. When you lay that kinda coin out there, you expect things to be perfect, or at least be fixed. Frustrating, disappointing and you almost feel violated.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts