Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looking at a 1975 E series van

E14HHX24xxx, It's in pretty good shape, been sitting for years. It has a std trans in it! Which 351 is in this van, with the engine being an "H" code? Parts interchange with a 400?

I can prob get it for $750.00 would you do it? It ran when parked, but needed a clutch is the story.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I don't think so, pretty sure it would be a Windsor for that year.

Fellro

Staff member
I haven't ever encountered an Econoline with an M, always 302's and 351W's. They did put 460's in some, and later on diesels. In that year though, most likely a W.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Fellro

Staff member
Going off of the parts books (not Ford books) the only motors available in the E chassis were 300, 302, 351, and 460. Going little further on the 351, and the parts are for a W.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
The Windsor is probably one of Ford's longest running engine lines, 1962 to 2001.

Was in damn near every Ford model, whether it was factory or somebody put it in... Not to mention Ford is still producing it in their Ford Motorsports division as a crate engine.

With all of that, behind the FE line the Windsor is one of my favorite blue oval power plants.

Fellro

Staff member
289, 300,302, 351W and 351C. Windsors are tough little motors. Had one in a 79 E150, just couldn't kill it, and running one now in the 88, still runs like a champ. Not the most fuel efficient but can definitely be woke up and improved on. Got around 12mpg in the 79 with a C6. The 88 does about the same to a little less with the 5 speed... it is a bit tired though.

Ford Truck Articles