Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Best all around tire...

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Doesn't exist. I know.

I'm looking for tires for my Suburban. It needs em pretty bad, and winter is fast approaching.

I'll start by saying if I was buying right now, I would buy BFG All Terrain KO in 285/70/17

But I'm really overthinking the whole thing, so I'm here to solicit your suggestions. I've already talked to some of you that run the BFGs and nobody has any complaints.

The other main contenders are the Toyo Open Country and the Goodyear Duratrac.

I've had many BFG tires before, just never the AT. All have been excellent long wearing tires.

Are there any others I should be considering? My criteria are, in no particular order:

Good on the highway
Good in snow/ice
Good in mild off road conditions... Gravel roads, construction sites, oil well locations
Long wearing
Looks badazz

Whadyall say?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Stop overthinking, and just get the ATs.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
BFG A/T's...that is all :wavey:

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Ok. That's what I was leaning towards anyway.

Some stuff I read people were claiming the Goodyear did better in snow and ice, that's the main reason I wondered about them.

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Whats the price difference?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Truf!

Sent from the comfort of my toilet seat.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Ive had toyos bfgs a/ts m/ts you name it . BFG A/T is still my favorite all around tire. Running toyo mts right now...far inferior in highway rise quality.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I am loving my Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2's. They look BA too in a very different way.

Ryan

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I am loving my Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2's. They look BA too in a very different way.

Ryan

Unfortunately Bridgestone / Firestone tires are not something I'm considering. The only tires I've ever had blow up on me have all been Firestone.

Besides, they'd look badazz on a Toyota. Not a square body suburban smilieneenar

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Bah, I loved my km2's

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
I love mine. They are going to end up on my Willys.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I was leanin towards the Duratrac as a second choice, but seeing as nobody here is running them, it confirms my suspicion that it is a ***/commie tire.

BFGs it is.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I was leanin towards the Duratrac as a second choice, but seeing as nobody here is running them, it confirms my suspicion that it is a ***/commie tire.

BFGs it is.

I see them on vehicles all over the place, though. They can't be a bad tire.

Sent from the comfort of my toilet seat.

Ford Truck Articles