Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lifted 76' F250 2WD

Here's a few pic's of my one famiy owned 1976 F250 Custom, 460 C6. Autofab 5" lift in front w/ new coil buckets/ beam pivots. I just added the new coil buckets and still need shocks. Deaver rear leafs, 35" General Tires on 95-ish stock Alcoa's.
rearlifted2.jpg

1stjump.jpg

interior.jpg

460rebuilt.jpg

1stjump.jpg

Very nice and clean 76hauler. My 76 flies but it has never flown like yours. Neat picture.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
How were your dealings with Autofab?

*thanks Randy

*nobody special- you may hear stories of John(owner of autofab) being grumpy, but he's a realy kool guy, he knows his stuff without doubt. Darren and Tiffany are helpfull as well. You just gotta remember that John is old school, he's been into the 70's I beam trucks since, well, the 70's! He used to race with what he sells, so he knows what works. He still loves 4 shocks per wheel, but he's getting used to one big shock per wheel. If you wanna go coil over, talk with Darren.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I have almost bought stuff from them in the past, and I still might. How did their stuff work with your 8 lug parts? Were there any hurdles to overcome?

autofab deals with both 5 lug and 8 lug stuff. my F250 is an LD, light duty, so I have the 7/8 king pins/ beams like the 1/2 tons, but I have 8 lug hubs. F250 camper specials(and such) and 1 tons have 1" king pins and bigger beams, wich are the more desireable ones due to there strenght. Autofab has one ton beams w/ 5 lug hubs, but you're getting into more money.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
76hauler said:
Here's a few pic's of my one famiy owned 1976 F250 Custom, 460 C6. Autofab 5" lift in front w/ new coil buckets/ beam pivots. I just added the new coil buckets and still need shocks. Deaver rear leafs, 35" General Tires on 95-ish stock Alcoa's.

Nice rig...I like it!

thank's to all! I know it's weird seeing a 2wd lifted, but it's fun in the desert and fire roads, plus the street handling is awesome.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Very nice looking rig! I like the two tone green and white.

Ford Truck Articles