Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

BuzzGuns 79 F250 Build update

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Hi guys,checkout my gallery of updated photo's..been very busy bringing my rig up to speed...replaced wiring harness and completed dash. cluster now works as should..New rear brakes, differential and frame detailing..diamond plate detailing,wheel restoration..(gotta put the new ones on hold for a bit) so i experimented.Headlight covers.she is coming along nicely and becoming to be a good reliable vehicle since corrections have been made.Enjoy!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That looks quite nice now. Is that a Grant steering wheel? Also, do you have the original radio in there, or is that a "retro" radio?

BuzzGun79

Thanks Guys..Yes that is a Grant steering Wheel,one of the first Gerneration Wheels they introduced "The Classic" The Radio is not factory,It is a Basic AM/FM Cassette that i had laying around.I do have a sony with a retractable faceplate and cd player but I think playing cd's in the rig would skip on bumpy roads,although I enjoy the ride it gives on smooth surfaces,it is a very firm and stout ride,on bumpy roads the truck will darn near rattle your teeth out and i do wear dentures...lol. also around these parts you dont put valuable stereo's in vehicles for they tend to come up missing (I know from past experience and a tore up Dash).This radio is mounted through the factory bracket with nuts,I also made a piece of diamond plate trim to cover the cutout in the Bezel trim that most peeps seem to do for todays modern radio's and is mounted to the radio shafts also with nuts along with the radio's faceplate.It sounds decent through a set of Jensen 5" 3 way Door speakers and a set of 2 way 6x9's mounted in boxes behind the seat that came with the rig.I may add a some kind of Equalizer power amp to get the aquired sound i want and hide it out of sight,along with my kicker box with 2-8" subs and 2 tweeters also behind the seat and mount it to the floor in time.it is lacking in base as of now but it does sound decent.heck most of the time i am listening to the Big Block Music anyhow..hehe

BuzzGun79

For any of the newbies out there..just to bring you up to speed on my project.This is not a restoration by any means,It is a Common working mans build.Ive bought the rig several yrs ago at a swap meet here in Ohio.The truck was trailored in from Arizona where it spent most of its life.The rig had no motor or trans in it as my gallery of pics show..the previous owner had all the suspension upgrades (6" skyjacker lift-3" Body lift) Proffessionaly done.in the bed of the truck was a 77 460 which i tore down and gave her a stock build..the c-6 was sent out so it could recieve upgrades and rebuilt also.if you go into the archives of the Generation 6 vehicles here you will find many of my posts as I did have some hurdles to get through over the course of the transmission installation due to the what turned out to be the wrong tailshaft,along with other questions as well as i progressed in getting the rig in a running state..also in the bed i recieved many of the components related to engine installation,motor mounts,headers,exhaust system,Hei distributor,ect,which aided me in cost.I added the weiand dual plane and the Holley 750 along with an alternator that i did not recieve.The interior was in complete shambles,the dash was completely disassembled,cluster wiring was cut and hacked up along with missing many components that took a good bit of time to locate and correct.I just recently resolved those issues,by replacing the wiring harness,along with aquiring many of the missing components from a donor 77 1/2 ton along with new part purchases.As i stated this is not a restoration but a working mans low budget build on a very nice and solid find that i got very lucky to aquire.ive waited many yrs to aquire a Rig of this magnitude due to the priorities in life.the mission of my build is simple,go through the entire rig and remove the bad and replace with the good which ive pretty much done up to this point.The rig runs and drives very well and is becoming reliable and trustworthy on long distance cruises.I work on the rig as time and finances allow without effecting my priorities meaning no out of pocket expense and when the home chores and honey do's are caught up,I am retired living on a fixed income,I do whatever Legal means possible to supplement my income so there is no out of pocket expense.It can be done,but it takes alot of time,patience,commitment to the project,along wih an understanding and supportive spouse.The truck sees no rain or winter,it is available for light hauling and weekend cruises to car shows here and there where i show it in the un restored class.Welcome to the site!!The Guys here at FTF are very helpfull and will not steer you wrong.and I will also be more than happy to help as well.If its Ford related you will find your answers here.Enjoy the Highlighted pics as i progress,and Good luck on all your builds as well...Keep the Dreams alive!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts