Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Headliners...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What are you guys doing for headliners in your pickups??? Hopped in Red the other day and noticed the particle board has deteriorated and the screw pulled through right in the center. I'm not looking to wrap the liner with a rebel flag towel or something...but would like to have more than black perforated particle board. I see there are references to Lariat headliners in the scanned brochures...but can't seem to find a pic. Was there a difference between Custom/Ranger/Ranger XLT head liners??? Compound that with different luxury groups???

Last edited:

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I've never replaced one, but would go with something simple and stock-looking if I had to do it. Using the existing one for reference, I would recommend finding a durable material and cut it to the dimensions of the material, paint it a desired color, and screw it back in. For a higher luxury look, you could cover the new liner in a quality vinyl similar to what you might use on the seat.

Maybe add some sound deadening foam above the liner.

Now, for the material: I think a thin sheet of Masonite would work well, and come close to the original material.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Here is a Lariat Headliner. The only real differences are the tufted attaching points, chrome trim, and extra insulation underneath for sound deadening.

DSCF2348.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I was thinking of a potential black leather wrap...not sure if I'd go with a standard grain or go with a diamond pattern. I have the trim, but it just borders the particle board.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I just bought a piece of particle board at Home Depot and made one... It looks just like the Custom trim level original... Painted it in Wimbledon White with flattening agent in it...

I've got one of the aftermarket highliner headliners in mine. found it in a junkyard for $10, couldn't pass it up.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
interior3.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, is your interior red or black?

Black. Exposed metal is obviously red, so I'm thinking the seat, headliner and carpet should have some sorta red accents.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Black. Exposed metal is obviously red, so I'm thinking the seat, headliner and carpet should have some sorta red accents.

Yea, that would look good. I like the accents. When I had my seat recovered in heavy vinyl ('cause I'm a vinyl seat kind of guy) I had it done in green with the strip in the middle where the third person would sit done in white to match the outside color scheme of the truck. I love it!

Before you ask...sorry, no pics of it here at work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts