Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

24" Wiper Blades Instead of The Stock 20"

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
The Super Duty's and Excursion use 20" wiper blades as the stock size. Look into upgrading to the 24" wiper blade for more viewing area!!!

They work great and there are no "fit" or "clearance" issues at all. The 24" blades give me 4" extra inches of "clean windshield" with 2" at the bottom and 2" at the top. I purchased at my local auto-parts store and they let me hold them up to my old ones and "test fit and try" before buying... and with the purchase, they install at no-charge right there in the parking lot!!
I love the 24" blades and the fact that I gain a few inches of "clearing"... is a plus... whether or not it really helps... it is still 4 extra inches of a cleaner windshield!!!

Might want to consider and see if you like the extra "view" of 24" wiper blades versus the stock 20" ones?????

Enjoy....

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
The one time I let the Auto Parts guy try and install the wipers, he had to read the instructions and hold the wiper up to figure out the right way it went on. I've always done it myself since.

The one time I let the Auto Parts guy try and install the wipers, he had to read the instructions and hold the wiper up to figure out the right way it went on. I've always done it myself since.

So lemme get this straight... You resented someone actually reading the directions before they did something....???

Why doesn't that surprise me? MORE reason to stay from the SeaBug Soup....

Seriously, I know where you're coming from.

BBC, just remember in the winter that is going to mean an extra 4" of ice and snowload on your wiper motor, and also will cause the wipers to "ride up" on the ice at the top of the windshield, where the roofline kind of creates an ICE DAM, and may actually REDUCE their effectiveness for winter driving, since the defrost sometimes has trouble being effective on all parts of the windshield.

Kep4

Jäger
In put ice in my Double Margarita rocks, but how does ice get on a windshield? Oh.... BTW, it's 85 degrees in So Cal today. :cooldude:

Seriously, I put 24" blades on my truck last month and when it actually rained here they worked very well. Great tip Jeff! And good advice mrfixit!

I used to use larger blades "WAY BACK" when I lived in SoCal (Mojave) and enjoyed it. Never understood using smaller ones til I went over the road, lol. It is a great tip, tho, and thanks to ALL of ya...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
For those of us that live in the icy nether regions, I have another simple tip. When you park for the night and it's forecasted to Ice or Snow, flip the wiper arms up to get the blades off the windshield. Makes it easier to scrape the ice and snow off in the morning and keeps then from developing a heavy load on them overnight as well.

For those of us that live in the icy nether regions, I have another simple tip. When you park for the night and it's forecasted to Ice or Snow, flip the wiper arms up to get the blades off the windshield. Makes it easier to scrape the ice and snow off in the morning and keeps then from developing a heavy load on them overnight as well.
Wish I had done that THIS season!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member

I will do this one better.... just park inside a garage and NO ice and NO snow will collect on the wipers!!!

Makes for easy cleaning and quick defrosting.... now if I could get my wife to allow me to add a heater to keep my "baby" warm and toasty all night.. then I would really have easier cold weather starts!!!

BB,
and WHY does she HAVE to know about the heater ?!? timers are wonderful things :)

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
BB,
and WHY does she HAVE to know about the heater ?!? timers are wonderful things :)

Married 18 years... and unfortunatly she knows all.

No matter how many secrets I have... she either guesses, knows, or finds out through "channels". It's just easier to do withouot or tell her... listen to her wrath... and do it anyways.
:spank: :headbang: :hammer: :blah:

I will do this one better.... just park inside a garage and NO ice and NO snow will collect on the wipers!!!

Makes for easy cleaning and quick defrosting.... now if I could get my wife to allow me to add a heater to keep my "baby" warm and toasty all night.. then I would really have easier cold weather starts!!!
Marinco AC Block Heater Plug.... what does THAT attach to?

Ohhhhhhhh you mean for your OWN soft spot... hehe.

My wife won't allow me to have a garage that big unless it generates a profit, and even then I think she'd insist it be filled with customer's cars...

Ford Truck Articles