Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Vacuum Hose help. 1977 f150 4x4 M/T SWB

mach3514v

FIRST-ON-RACE-DAY
I picked up a 1977 F150 4x4 M/T 351M short bed. I'm in California and need to smog it. It appears relatively stock and has a Non Catalyst valve cover sticker....heavy half ton? It does not have a cat but the ford master parts manual shows a 77 f150 4x4 with a cat...im confused.

There is no thermactor pump on the 351m..i need to confirm this is correct also.

My carb is missing the throttle kicker...is that vacuum operated and needed for passing ca emissions?

Finally I'm trying to route all the vacuum hoses and valves correctly.

Is 7-71J-R10 the correct calibration diagram? If so can someone send me it or the correct one large please.

Thanks for anyone's help.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
If it is a non cat engine it probably didn't come with any emissions or a cat. My 77 didn't have a converter. My guess is this truck wasn't bought in California and wasn't required to have it at the time it was sold.
There may be a vacuum chart in the manual section

mach3514v

FIRST-ON-RACE-DAY
I dont believe it is supposed to have a Cat converter based on the valve cover heavy engine zsemission sticker, and the large opening gas neck filler, and no "unleaded" gas gauge.

I am trying to figure out if it is going to need the Thermactor smog pump aka Air Injection system. There is no thermactor equipment on my truck so Im not sure if it came that way or was taken off years ago. Any help is appreciated.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
The DSO code(district vehicle was destined to) on the lower right corner of the vehicle tag(driver's door) would give you an indication of whether or not the vehicle was sold in California.

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26820

If the DSO code is 71 or 72, then the vehicle was destined for sale in California and would have the California emissions requirements. If the vehicle was bought elsewhere and moved to California, then I don't know how that would be handled.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You might want to pm user utfball68.....her may know someone that has it. The fellow that did have a lot of these diagrams died recently.

Ford Truck Articles