Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got a 92 f150!

Started working on the truck yesterday and I hope to have it road ready by the end of the week. So far I found the TPS was bad. It was reading way off and it seems to have cured the high idle so far. I'm going to run a injector cleaning service on it today, we have a motor vac machine where I work. Other than that it needs an oil change and a detail. Still looking at tires just waiting to sell my jeep so I have some extra money for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started cleaning up the truck today!!! After I got most of the nasty stuff off it doesn't look to bad. The paint looks like it will polish up nice!!
239fdc680883ff1f1d889e95c0a87bfb.jpg
1008a672e0821bb0d718c6ca46a69650.jpg
099dd31058502836782cd3df9c1a4c39.jpg
7d5ed0f1b8686007655610e824fccb61.jpg
b16222170e36b317021c63f48c2495e5.jpg

Replaced the motor and transmission mounts today. Then I started polishing to the truck. Look a lot better!!still have some areas that need another touch with the buffer. The truck is really clean and rust free underneath. Only thing I need to address soon is the brake hoses on the front.
8e02a2fcffd04adf9c46f12a3821971f.jpg
7090023eb0ce89ef834f9cb74a55c141.jpg
aea652e585a34a62bcb4e73e8354a225.jpg
f24b9bf6d31348bf919776eeeef5e636.jpg

Truck is officially on the road!! Drove it today and I'm loving it!! Jeep is going up for sell very soon.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Truck looks great, amazing what some water and elbow grease will do.

Glad it's back on the road!

Driving the tuck around I have noticed that is has transmission shudder going on between 3rd and 4th gear. I'm going to change the fluid and filter and see if it gets better. Wiper motor also sounds like garbage and barely came on this morning. So it has some issues but it's runs great!

Flushed trans fluid and it did make a difference but the shudder still is there just not as bad. I also started digging into my radio not having any sound and found the passenger door speaker was broken and shorting threw the door, it also ended up curing the locks that's were inop also. But alternator died today so I will have some work to do to it this week but it still is a great truck.

Still dealing with a charging issue. Idle speed when warm it shows low on gauge and volt meter shows 12.5v with any load on system. No loads 14v. Reman alternator is from napa. Checked plugs on alternator they are in great shape and I have all the proper powers. Ground between engine and battery is great, checked it with a multimeter on ohm scale. Voltage is the same no matter if your reading from alternator connector or at battery and also at starter solenoid on fender. Might end up being the reman unit just isn't going to cut it.

Order new tires today!! Can't wait to get them so I can mount them on the truck. I plan on leveling the front so it looks better, but it will stay stock for now. Missed the sale on eBay for the tires I posted earlier but got the the same tires just payed a little more. They look like they have plenty of tread depth so I will find out hopefully this weekend!

Did some more work on the truck today! Glued the fuel tank selector switch back on the dash panel so I can use both tanks and pushed most of the dent out of the bed on the passenger side. Next items are the cracked exhaust manifolds. Then front spring spacers.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts