Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bandits 72 Ford Truck

that looks very good!

After planning on using the flowmaster mufflers that came of my stang when I replaced the exhaust on it and then finding out they were no good inside I've been waffling around about what to do for the exhaust.
I was sifting through Craigslist for some used flowmasters and luck up and found these brand new for very cheap!
These will be great on the ol truck as they are the same ones I have on the stang and they sound awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_6278.JPG

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
After planning on using the flowmaster mufflers that came of my stang when I replaced the exhaust on it and then finding out they were no good inside I've been waffling around about what to do for the exhaust.
I was sifting through Craigslist for some used flowmasters and luck up and found these brand new for very cheap!
These will be great on the ol truck as they are the same ones I have on the stang and they sound awesome!

Nice score!! :)

Well here is the first fire up on the truck motor.
I had the right side valve cover loose so a little oil got on the header that's the reason for the smoke but she will run!
Oh and pay no mind to the wire for a throttle lol I had to improvise.

Well here is the first fire up on the truck motor.
I had the right side valve cover loose so a little oil got on the header that's the reason for the smoke but she will run!
Oh and pay no mind to the wire for a throttle lol I had to improvise.

That's awesome ,nice job!...YelloThumbUp

Thanks guys! It's sounding like that due to the open headers for now.
I'm working on getting all the hoses hooked up and getting water in it so I can adjust the carb on it with it up to operating temp.

I feel it will be soon taking a trip down the road in the next couple weeks.

A little progress today. So far I got the new tank in and connected to the fuel line and I got half the seat recovered tonight.

I'm going to be rolling in this truck before to long!!

Attachments

• IMG_0051.JPG
  • IMG_0048.JPG
Okay I've been holding out a little on posting this but the old truck is once again moving under it's own power.
I finally managed to finish going through the brakes on it and button up a few loose ends here and there to pull it out of the shop.
It's been just over a year since I pick it up and I finally got it to this point.
I've gotten about half the inside completed and the new carpet and seat upholstery completed and the seat back in it.
I can see me putting the ol girl back to work before to long.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
  • IMG_0128.JPG
This is when I got the new tank in it and the seat completed ans installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
  • IMG_0061.JPG
  • IMG_0048.JPG
Haven't had to much time to work on the truck much until this weekend. I finally got started on running out the exhaust and was able to get pretty much most of it completed with the exception of a few band clamps I just ordered.
The tips that I used on the truck were on my stang until I decided to upgrade it's exhaust with an after market parts a few years ago and I almost scraped these the other day.

I'm so close to driving it down the road I can taste it!

Attachments

• IMG_0375.JPG
  • IMG_0374.JPG
  • IMG_0367.JPG
  • IMG_0366.JPG

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Thanks for subbing me back on you tube. I'm glad to see your video of the engine running

Yes sir and thanks for subbing me as well.

I cant wait to drive my old truck down the road finally.
It's been a long slow time coming to get it to this point.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Yeah I know the feeling, there is a lot of long country roads there and I miss them

Haven't had to much time to work on the truck much until this weekend. I finally got started on running out the exhaust and was able to get pretty much most of it completed with the exception of a few band clamps I just ordered.
The tips that I used on the truck were on my stang until I decided to upgrade it's exhaust with an after market parts a few years ago and I almost scraped these the other day.

I'm so close to driving it down the road I can taste it!

Was that a kit you bought or own fab?

I fab all of it up out of some 2.5" tubing I had collected at some point in time and had it laying around collecting dust.
I never really found a kit that would work for my truck and all the ones I found that I could make work were to pricey for my taste.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts