Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Differential help.

Yep, me again. Ok, I'm having some trouble figuring out what differential/axle/ratio I have. 98 E-350 Econoline club wagon, V-10, XLT. The door sticker says axle 34. Now, all I gather from that is its possibly a 3:73 ratio? I looked for the tag on the differential, didnt find anything but, found a bunch of numbers stamped on the cover itself. Only thing I know 100% is it's a Dana. Can anyone, looking at the pics I will post, shed any light on what it has? Thanks.

Attachments

• 0215191307.jpg
  • 0215191321.jpg
  • 0215191325.jpg
  • 0215191325b.jpg

masakimm

Native Texan
It looks like it could be A 60 there should be a stamp in the first pic in the lower right. but looks unreadable in that pic. there should also be some numbers stamped into the right tube.

Last edited:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
That was no help. The pictures for the Dana 60 and 70 look identical. I looked last time I was under it, cant find any ID tags and didnt see any numbers on the axle tubes. Will have to look again. Was hoping to identify it with the numbers stamped on the cover in the picture. Not even sure this is the original diff so, dont know what to do.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Open it up and find the part number on the ring gear, that should get you a little closer to figuring out what it is

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles