Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Convert a 300 to points ignition?

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
I just don't know what I'd do if one em EMP bomb hit near my house.

It'd knock out all my lectric stuff like my.......urrrr....or my.....hmmm
...................????????..................oh, my bugzapper, it would shut
off my bugzapper!!! I would be bored every friday night if them commies
fry my bugzapper:headbang:

can i ask why you want to ditch the duraspark and go to points?

Ya, thats what I was thinking. Electronic ignition provides better spark, tad better fuel milage, and maybe even a lil more performance.

If you've even been shocked by a points ign, then shocked by an electronic ign, you would know theres a difference.

But to each their own, I can respect that.

primetime

sawmill slave
Little late to this I know, but 75 F-150s with "heavy duty" 300s where also points. I had one it was stock. Personnaly, I woudn`t walk across the street for a set of points, and yes, I know how to work on them. I`ve seen too many guys who "threw a set of points in it", because they where too stupid or too lazy to find the corroded wire or something equally simple. Nflfreak43, get yourself a DS dizzy from a 351m, 400, or 460. Don`t forget the harness that goes between the dizzy and the box. Plug it in and you`re good to go. If your plug for the box is gone, run a wire from the I terminal to the red wire of the two wire connector on the box. An 87 SHOULD be DS ready, but if it`s been hacked real bad who knows. If you decide to do it and need help, pm me.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Yeah, his engine is not factory, its a 351C I think.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts