Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 4door Bronc

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
A buddy sent me this in a email, I didn't know they made 4 door broncos in 79 I wish there was a better pic but I thought I would pass it along :D

Last edited:
NICE!

I knew they made them, but I never really looked at one before, that's awesome. :D

That is custom, no 4 door Bronco's were made in 78-79. His name is Trent and is a memeber at other boards. I know of (4) 4 door 78-79 style Bronco's, 3 are 4wd, 1 is 2wd. I have no picture of the 4th one but it was red and wrecked pretty bad so it is not even in use any longer.

Finish001.jpg

jays-4-door.jpg

78_bronco_2_96.jpg

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I Have 1 locally was built in 79 . If I see it I'll get some pics.

But there r kits to be had to make em . Or just find a crew cab to cut up.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
That is custom, no 4 door Bronco's were made in 78-79. His name is Trent and is a memeber at other boards. I know of (4) 4 door 78-79 style Bronco's, 3 are 4wd, 1 is 2wd. I have no picture of the 4th one but it was red and wrecked pretty bad so it is not even in use any longer.
Thats a damn shame that it got wrecked!

Holy hell those are awesome!! I think i'm in Love :redface:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Yep section Frames and use crew center post and rear doors to Stretch. Some use VAn roof sections other use combo of crew roof and bronco . The famous bondo pop.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yup, i dont see why you cant take a crew cab, cab and put the Bronco "bed" on it?
Is it even possible?
It's not quite that simple. The bronco cab is ATTACHED to the bed-- they flow together like 1 piece of sheet metal. Pickup cab is completely separate from the bed. So you've have to the cut the back off of your crew cab, and cut the front off of a bronco, and then weld the two pieces together.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Brad I'm sure there were small custom fab shops that did them--- but Centurion was the only company that I know of that Ford actually CONTRACTED to the do the work for them. This of course meant that it was all covered by the Ford factory warranty and sold right on their lights.

I Have 1 locally was built in 79 . If I see it I'll get some pics.

But there r kits to be had to make em . Or just find a crew cab to cut up.

Built in 79? I'd love to see pics of that Lost.

I'm going to have to disagree on "kits to be had", these were all custom done by joining a Bronco and a crewcab together.

It's not quite that simple. The bronco cab is ATTACHED to the bed-- they flow together like 1 piece of sheet metal. Pickup cab is completely separate from the bed. So you've have to the cut the back off of your crew cab, and cut the front off of a bronco, and then weld the two pieces together.

Don't forget about cutting and sectioning the frame to get the proper wheelbase to Skan.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea thats what i am saying, there was no company like centurion that did these...
Not saying that little shops here and there wouldn't do them, but no company specalized in it, that i am aware of, and def no company that ford gave right to hack there broncs up to.
Most are done in shops and garages... From what i have seen.

Looks like 3 1/2 x 5 x 3/8" angle iron. Why did they do a straight cut over a Z cut?

Ford Truck Articles