Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hubs locked in 2WD?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I know I've asked a similar question before, but thought I'd try and get a fresh take on it.....sorry if it sounds silly, but if I keep my Bronco's manual hubs locked and drive my rig just casually in and out of town (meaning 30-40 mph - a couple of stop and gos, etc.), will that ruin anything?

Thanks,

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No...just drop your mpg's. As a matter of fact...when my rigs are up and running, I usually take them for a jaunt every couple of months with the hubs locked, just so I can see how things react.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
No...just drop your mpg's. As a matter of fact...when my rigs are up and running, I usually take them for a jaunt every couple of months with the hubs locked, just so I can see how things react.

Thanks fellas! I've also heard it's also good cause it keeps the parts in there moving and lubed?

Cool.....thanks! :wavey:

primetime

sawmill slave
Once the plow goes on and the snow comes my hubs will stay locked until spring. That includes the 55 mph trips to town.

Ford Truck Articles