Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

tire dressing

What's a good long lasting tire dressing?

I used to use this stuff called Wipe New - Tires but it's since been discontinued. There was a process. First you soaped and scrub cleaned the tire, then let dry. Then you don a 3M chemical filter cartridge mask, because no joke this stuff was noxious, then you applied just a teeny bit to the provided sponge and applied to the tire. Go around doing all 4 then then come back and do it again.

The black lasted for a good long while...couple months before you had to do it again.

Is there anything like this still out there on the market?

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
What's a good long lasting tire dressing?

I used to use this stuff called Wipe New - Tires but it's since been discontinued. There was a process. First you soaped and scrub cleaned the tire, then let dry. Then you don a 3M chemical filter cartridge mask, because no joke this stuff was noxious, then you applied just a teeny bit to the provided sponge and applied to the tire. Go around doing all 4 then then come back and do it again.

The black lasted for a good long while...couple months before you had to do it again.

Is there anything like this still out there on the market?

I just use the ArmorAll tire gel. No toxic ingredients. Super dark shine, last longer than the regular version.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i use Meguiars hot tire shine.. usually lasts a good while unless i end up driving through rain... then it gets washed off...

Ford Truck Articles