Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Little show and shine

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The bodyshop that is painting my truck had a "customer appreciation day" and a little show and shine...here are some pics:

Car_show_001.JPG

This paint was nearly 20 years old on this car...done by the guy painting my truck:

Car_show_002.JPG

Car_show_003.JPG

2011 GT500:

Car_show_004.JPG

Brought back some memories when I was drinking the GM Kool Aid:

Car_show_005.JPG

66 Beaumont...I had a 67:

Car_show_006.JPG

Painted by the same guy, bodywork by owner, crate LS3 with a Procharger:

Car_show_008.JPG

Car_show_009.JPG

Car_show_010.JPG

Car_show_021.JPG

Nova SS...540 w/Brodix heads and 14-71 BDS blower:

Car_show_011.JPG

Car_show_012.JPG

Coronet 500 and other Mopars:

Car_show_013.JPG

Car_show_014.JPG

Car_show_015.JPG

Car_show_016.JPG

Car_show_017.JPG

Token Firechicken:

Car_show_018.JPG

Car_show_020.JPG

Car_show_019.JPG

Car_show_024.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think it was 2010 when they changed it....it was to accomodate the factory cold air intake.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I know its trivial, but i think it looks better on the passenger side. :)

You could have atleast taken a table and set some pretty painted and PC parts on it to represent the truck! haha jk jk

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Haven't got any of those pieces back yet!..it was alright though, this was the first time this year I've had the car out!..and it was kinda cool having the 3 cars together!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Cool pics Duncan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool pics Duncan

Nice pics. Looks like they had a nice show.

Thanks fellas..I washed before I went...and it rained like a bastage....but it stopped for the 4 hours I was there...managed to get home, washed it again and now it is pouring and crappy!
It will be cool when the truck is done and it gets to go there!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Cool pics Duncan....thanks for taking the time to post them....how come there was no air cleaner on the Coronet? Hope I'm not asking a dumb question...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Was that LS3 efi?

And what about the red shoes?

Sorry for all the questions....just curious. Thanks again!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool pics Duncan....thanks for taking the time to post them....how come there was no air cleaner on the Coronet? Hope I'm not asking a dumb question...

Dunno...although looking at how close that carb was to the hood...clearance might have been an issue.

Was that LS3 efi?

Yes...and leave it to GM to rename engines with the same number as years ago...LS3 was, as I knew it...a 402 big block...:headbang:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
And what about the red shoes?

Sorry for all the questions....just curious. Thanks again!

No need to be sorry!..the red shoes were Shelby sneakers...just a fun item the guy had put there.
I have to say that I think I prefer the blue valve covers (like on his) as opposed to the black ones on mine.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Thanks for the pics Duncan. I'm diggin that Nova SS!

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Very nice Duncan, and when it comes to that old iron I tend to let my loyalties blur when it comes to the cars I love the Chevelles, Camaros, Novas, Chargers, Challengers, and pretty much everything else because they were in a class of their own along with the Mustangs and the other Blue Ovals...

Did that black GT500 have the glass roof?

Pretty nice rides.

The last pic, with the cobra's. Is it year designation as to where the cobra is placed on the grill?

Not Cobras, GT500s, the cobra ended its era in '04.... Just sayin... :D

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
No need to be sorry!..the red shoes were Shelby sneakers...just a fun item the guy had put there.
I have to say that I think I prefer the blue valve covers (like on his) as opposed to the black ones on mine.

Yeah, I suppose the blue gives it a little flavor as opposed to everything being black and blending in.

Very nice Duncan, and when it comes to that old iron I tend to let my loyalties blur when it comes to the cars I love the Chevelles, Camaros, Novas, Chargers, Challengers, and pretty much everything else because they were in a class of their own along with the Mustangs and the other Blue Ovals...

I have to agree with this.

Nice pictures Duncan, Thanks.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member

I agree the old muscle cars I tend to forget about the emblems. The old iron was more like art to me. They all looked different not the same cookie cutter cars that are produced today were they all look so similar you have to look close or read the emblems.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Did that black GT500 have the glass roof?

Not Cobras, GT500s, the cobra ended its era in '04.... Just sayin... :D

No glass roof...the dude did a factory order though...and I feel the same way about the old iron. When I was on the search for the car that was to become the GT500, I was looking at late 60's early 70 Corvettes...amongst others.

Last edited:
Beautiful car show Duncan, thanks for taking the time to post it.

Point of curious interest......As we are 'sposed to have temps into the 90's today, I notice more folks than not with sweatshirts, jackets, and one woman with a hooded coat.......what was the temp during the show?

Ford Truck Articles