Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Front and Rear Sill of bed-08 F350

All my crossmembers are rotted out but the bed is fine. Ordered the dorman corssmember kit for my 8' bed and there are no Front or Rear Sill offered by them.

Here are the #s:
8C3Z-9910608-B Rear Sill
3C3Z-9910610-BA Front Sill

Is there some insider trade secret to why these 2 "crossmembers" are more than the the others? Is there a DIY alternative? I only see one option which is the dealership. Sooo Expensive! Gotta be a better way.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
All my crossmembers are rotted out but the bed is fine. Ordered the dorman corssmember kit for my 8' bed and there are no Front or Rear Sill offered by them.

Here are the #s:
8C3Z-9910608-B Rear Sill

Is there some insider trade secret to why these 2 "crossmembers" are more than the the others? Is there a DIY alternative? I only see one option which is the dealership. Sooo Expensive! Gotta be a better way.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-front-sill-3c3z9910610ba

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-rear-sill-8c3z9910608b

Tascaparts is another online parts place that deals from the same warehouses as many other online parts "stores".

I have the rear sill but 2 times I have bought the front sill from others on ebay only to be told after a few days that the part is unavailable.

Any other direction the Forum may have is greatly appreciated as I am sitting here with all the parts to fix my truck bed except for the front sill.

Last edited:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC

Here are the #s:
8C3Z-9910608-B Rear Sill

usually the dorman comes as a complete kit.. theyre just as good as the factory one... or you could just get some 2" square tubing and make your own from what ive been told... i plan to just get the dorman kit for mine though...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru

8C3Z-9910608-B .. Rear Sill / Available from Ford
MSRP: $233.88 // autonationfordwhitebearlake.com online price: $154.36.

See my post in your other thread for the front sill info.

BKW thank you. I actually ordered it cheaper through Johnson City Ford in Tenn for $135. Go figure. ALL the "online" stores advertise they have it but they don't. I was told by 3 different parts places that Ford discontinued the part.
Also: Ford parts are priced differently from dealership to dealership. It pays to call around and get quotes.:flag:

Ford Truck Articles