Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5th Annual Customer Appreciation Day...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The bodyshop that is painting my truck had there annual customer appreciation day and show and shine.
Here are some pics, my neighbor went as well with his 66 GTO, it was painted by that shop in 2003.
The weather was a little dicey, got rained on pretty good on the way home.
One car I wanted to see wasn't there as the owner had a situation arise that prevented him from attending, I am trying to locate some stock pics....65 Fairlane, 550 CID Ford making 3000HP, yes 3000HP, capable of 4000HP by more turbo boost.

Heading out to his shop...

Car_Show_0051.JPG

Car_Show_0061.JPG

We were some of the first ones to arrive

Car_Show_007.JPG

The refreshment trailer :D

Car_Show_0081.JPG

Neighbors GTO, 455

Car_Show_0091.JPG

Mine

Car_Show_0101.JPG

Car_Show_0161.JPG

Others..

Car_Show_0191.JPG

Engine from above

Car_Show_0111.JPG

Car_Show_0201.JPG

Car_Show_0211.JPG

Car_Show_022.JPG

Car_Show_023.JPG

Car_Show_0241.JPG

Car_Show_025.JPG

Car_Show_029.JPG

Car_Show_037.JPG

Car_Show_035.JPG

Car_Show_038.JPG

Car_Show_036.JPG

Car_Show_033.JPG

Car_Show_034.JPG

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
AWESOME!! nice pictures Duncan. where to start... the vans brought back a lot of memories, they were everywhere in the 70's! The Dodge power wagon made me remember of mine when I was 20, sure was a good turn out considering how grey it looked, most people stay away. Your Shelby looks great! jealous! maybe after I scratch that ticket I will get one : )

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Roy!..funny story about that van...turns out the owner of the bodyshop knew of that van from back in Winnipeg, he had no idea it was the one he knew when he was in high school.
He told me when the guy called him up, he was trying to not do the job as they aren't keen on doing vans, he relented and then found out it was the van he knew, sounds like it had a mural on it from way back!

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Thanks Roy!..funny story about that van...turns out the owner of the bodyshop knew of that van from back in Winnipeg, he had no idea it was the one he knew when he was in high school.
He told me when the guy called him up, he was trying to not do the job as they aren't keen on doing vans, he relented and then found out it was the van he knew, sounds like it had a mural on it from way back!

ah yes, the murals were something else, just like a tattoo!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Seeing those vehicles today sure got me thinking about getting the 79 painted!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Good paint sure isn't cheap, but boy does it last. That white Mustang was painted in 1993 by the guy doing mine and is still looks fresh.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
HOLY COW HE DRIVES THE SHELBY!!!!!!!!!! smilietease

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
When you got it out on the road, did they smooth out?

Ryan

Yep, took about 5 minutes. I didn't get on the throttle until it had smoothed out. The tires are damn stiff until they get warmed up.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Wish you could have took pictures of the inside of the Van, the 69 Mach one looks great. But I couldn't figure out why that Shelby was painted all wrong. smilietease

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice pictures Duncan. The sideways master cylinder in those old econolines look strange. Didn't happen to get a picture under the hood did you ?

No unfortunatley, it was pretty dicey weatherwise..guys weren't opening things up. Next year he is going to move it to September, much better weather then...June is our wettest month

The "goat" is quite impressive. How long has he had it?

I think he has had that one since 2000, he had a convertable as well. Present project for him is a 75ish T/A that he found with only 25k miles on it.

Wish you could have took pictures of the inside of the Van, the 69 Mach one looks great. But I couldn't figure out why that Shelby was painted all wrong. smilietease

I was hoping he was going to open it as well...and..whatchewtaliknabout Willlis?...that Shelby is the classic color combination smilietease

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I thought the same things.....would've loved to see the interior of that van....looks awesome on the outside.

Ford Truck Articles