Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Turbo 400!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Sweeeeet!
I can't any info on this video or the parts used, I did send him a PM asking him to check out FTF :D

FTF'er

Nothing sounds sexier than a turbo!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That is SUUUUUHHHHHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET...I didn't know anyone offered a turbo setup for a 400. I'd really like to know what that guy did. Anyone ever see a supercharged 400? I'm more a supercharger kinda guy myself.

I'm sure the Turbo is a home brew, and that makes it all the cooler! :D The guy mentions that the setup only cost him $500!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
That is SUUUUUHHHHHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET...I didn't know anyone offered a turbo setup for a 400. I'd really like to know what that guy did. Anyone ever see a supercharged 400? I'm more a supercharger kinda guy myself.

Ask and maybe you will get :D
http://www.dyersblowers.com/

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Thanks Tex...looks awesome. Looks like I'd have to get a 351C adapter plate to make it work with 351M/400, but at least it gives me options. Didn't know it would cost me $3500+ for a supercharger plus $300 for an adapter...sheesh. Oh well, I guess you gotta pay to play right?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Thanks Tex...looks awesome. Looks like I'd have to get a 351C adapter plate to make it work with 351M/400, but at least it gives me options. Didn't know it would cost me $3500+ for a supercharger plus $300 for an adapter...sheesh. Oh well, I guess you gotta pay to play right?

Yes sir you do, but dude just imagine a blower sticking out the hood of your bronco or red YelloThumbUp YelloThumbUp

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yes sir you do, but dude just imagine a blower sticking out the hood of your bronco or red YelloThumbUp YelloThumbUp

HAHAHA...he who dies with the most toys wins, right? I think Red is just fine...maybe the bronco when it becomes a mud rig primarily...but that's a pipe dream. Hey Tex...looks like you're getting pretty good at finding 351M/400 go-fast parts...you still think they're not worth having? hahaha

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
HAHAHA...he who dies with the most toys wins, right? I think Red is just fine...maybe the bronco when it becomes a mud rig primarily...but that's a pipe dream. Hey Tex...looks like you're getting pretty good at finding 351M/400 go-fast parts...you still think they're not worth having? hahaha

AaaH,,Been you have take every thing I say kinda tongue in cheek or with a gain of salt some might and not seriously I love to joke around I rarely like being serious. (unless I'm at work)
Also I am the epitome of being Pig Headed and i've very set in my ways I know its a bad bad way to be the 351M/400 didn't make any sense and it seemed every time I thought I knew about thing about them I was told I was dead wrong so I just started hating the things lol But yes I have seem and read more from far more Exsperianced peopel then my self I really do think the 351M/400 have a damn good place in our trucks,I think.. heck I don't known I'm gonna cook some spam.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Tex...I was just givin you a hard time. Yes the 351M/400 can be a nice engine if you can wake it up from factory specs. However, if you have no attachment to the engine or want the best starting platform for your application, then there are definitely better engines out there. For me, I like to keep as much original as possible, so I like to keep the 351M/400 and maintain the original block and wake them up. If you don't have this attachment, then a 460 is the way to go, because this gives you a better platform to start with. If you make the exact same mod to a 460 as you do to a 400, the 460 will always come out on top. If you want a high revver, then you'll wanna go with a small block. It really just depends on what you want. As far as I'm concerned, the 351M/400 is kinda the best of both worlds. Has the low end grunt, but has a square bore and stroke resulting in stability.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Tex...I was just givin you a hard time. Yes the 351M/400 can be a nice engine if you can wake it up from factory specs. However, if you have no attachment to the engine or want the best starting platform for your application, then there are definitely better engines out there. For me, I like to keep as much original as possible, so I like to keep the 351M/400 and maintain the original block and wake them up. If you don't have this attachment, then a 460 is the way to go, because this gives you a better platform to start with. If you make the exact same mod to a 460 as you do to a 400, the 460 will always come out on top. If you want a high revver, then you'll wanna go with a small block. It really just depends on what you want. As far as I'm concerned, the 351M/400 is kinda the best of both worlds. Has the low end grunt, but has a square bore and stroke resulting in stability.

A 393 stroker! :D aAAaAaaAAah yeah.....

Sweeeeet!
I can't any info on this video or the parts used, I did send him a PM asking him to check out FTF :D

Cool, he actually states the the engine is completly stock, To use a blower, turbos or even a superchager i would use stock low cr pistons, stock 400 crank, i would have forged rods made, and an agresiver camshaft like the xe274h.... I bet that would make a hell of a supercharged stroker....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts