Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Head In The Clouds

So, ive had my 77.5 f250 about 6 months now i love it!
its a 351m 4sp 4x4 its a dark 70 chrysler red(y chrysler.. i asked po same thing)
no rust blah blah....anyway i bought it because i grew up around my dads 79 f350 and my uncles 77 highboy 250 neither of which sat anywhere near stock...now its time to carry on the family tradition...
44s to 46s are about where i wanna be id like it to have decent driving manners if im taking on the highway to a show or cruze in it sholnd be big enough to have a lil fun with .. but heres the question, im in ohio ,who can i trust to help find parts to build this beast??? the motors in the works its mostly suspension n drive train im wondering about ... i hope someones gone this big n, has some positive input..thanks smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Would be worth surfing Chuck's Trucks...and looking at vendors in the MudLife magazines. I'm not familiar with lifting one of these trucks that high, but they're all over the place if you ever watch mud events...so it's definitely doable. It's not very hard to get these rigs up on 40-42" tires with off the shelf kits, so I'd venture a guess some spring pack customizing/arching could get you where you wanna be. Various drop brackets and component clocking should eliminate harsh angles. I'd also throw some hydro assist on there to make your direction a bit easier to handle. I'm sure there's more detail, but that should be a general overview.

On edit...you might want to also check for posts by 2HI2CU and Proeliator.

Last edited:
ya there a crew out og briitish columbia that makes custom leaf packs id love to find some guys who have done it and pick there brain my dads dead n gone now wish i would of asked a few more qustions... just gonna have some decent cash in it dont want to have to build it twice because i didnt plan it out well

Ford Truck Articles