Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

73-79 Ford Power window template

So like I was saying I aquired the mother of axles for my build... a dana60 kingpin axle. I knew it was time to get a frame for my build. I had come to the realization that there was never a 4wd frame from an F350 crewcab from this generation with a longbed. I decided that I would get creative as others have. I picked up a 4wd supercab frame from a wrecking yard and continued to tear down my old crew at the same time. I recived a phone call from the wrecking yard later in the week and was notified that my frame I purchased was "ready for pick-up". I picked up the frame and took it directly to a frame shop out here who puts additions on big rigs for sleepercabs. I pulled up and the owners son, James, came out to great me. We walked back to the trailer and as he walked up his exact works were " well this it cute". I knew they could handle the task of streching the frame for the crewcab to fit. If I recall right they streched it 11.5". I was very impressed with their work when I picked it up, after all the play with semitruck frames ALL day long!!!

here's the pics..

Attachments

• CIMG0912supercab frame going to sasndblaster side viewsmall.jpg
  • CIMG0931coming back from sandblastersmall.jpg
  • CIMG0932back from sandblastersmall.jpg
  • CIMG0936fram POR15small.jpg
  • CIMG0941framepor15small.jpg
So after I finished the sandblasting and POR 15 of the frame, it was time to get this chassis to be mobile so I could move it where I need it to be. Time for some axles, I took them down and POR15 them as well.

Attachments

• CIMG0947chassis painted with POR15small.jpg
  • CIMG0948chassis with POR15small sideview.jpg
Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles