Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

77 f350 camper special wiring issue

Hey fellas, been a million years since I posted. Got out of gen 6 fords for a while but now I'm back with a 77 f350 camper special. Setting up for gooseneck this weekend and had to make my own hitch (as is with everything on this truck). I decided to revisit my trailer wiring, since I am going to put a plug in the bed anyways, and I started testing at the factory 6 flat light plug that is placed about mid-ship on the frame. I have ground, right, left, tail, and then I should have 12+ and backup. I know my backup wiring is messed up at the trans, so that explains why that doesn't work, but I'm not getting the 12+ at the plug, which I really want for charging the battery on the horse trailer. Anybody know where that plug sources the 12+? I'm hoping there is a relay somewhere I can replace or something. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1453529782360.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453529793618.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453529803153.jpg

So would that mean it is constant hot? I was really hoping it was keyed

Yeah I'll check it out when I find it this morning and see if it's worth abandoning and going heavier.

Checked it out today. Power comes off the starter solenoid, crosses the firewall, and right before it ties into the loom that runs down to the frame, it appears to be cut. Simple fix. Thanks guys

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I have an unused wiring harness for trailers for these trucks that I bought years ago and never used. See the link below(pictures included). If you are interested, you can PM me with an offer.

Thanks fatherdoug, but mine seems to be in good shape. Just one wire was cut. I'm in the process of finishing up the wiring as we speak

Haha no worries. Mine is different, but it is also a camper special. I got mine ran all nice this morning from the factory camper plug to the back with an extra wire for brakes. Going to tee it off tomorrow to go to the bumper and to the in bed plug. It will be nice to have fully functioning electrical at the back. I think I will probably put the 12+ to a keyed relay though.

Ford Truck Articles