Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Loosening NC Gun Laws

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
People who are being victimized by a carjacker or home-invader, or who think they can save a life, can use deadly force under an expansion of North Carolina gun laws approved by the state House on Tuesday.

The House voted 76-39 for legislation that puts the burden of proof on prosecutors if there's a question whether a person was justified in firing at an intruder entering homes, cars or workplaces. The measure next heads to the Senate.

The gun bill also:

_ reduces the penalty for firearm possession on school grounds from a low-level felony to a misdemeanor and requires knowledge of wrongdoing.

_ cuts in half the time within which a sheriff must deny or issue a concealed handgun permit to 45 days.

_ accepts as valid any other states' concealed handgun permit.

_ allows firearms to be purchased in another state if buying requirements there are satisfied.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ne..._house_gives_approves_loosening_gun_laws.html

In liberal PC times like these, I have to admit I'm surprised to see bills like this, but I'm really happy to see it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I really like the burden of proof being put on the prosecutor(s)...I reckon if dead men can't talk it'll be pretty difficult prove otherwise.

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
I really like the burden of proof being put on the prosecutor(s)...I reckon if dead men can't talk it'll be pretty difficult prove otherwise.

haha that gave me a good laugh

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK

"3 men can keep a secret if 2 are dead."

Ford Truck Articles