Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Audio&Video

Audio&Video Audio, Video, Satellite Radio, Alarms, etc.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Speaker replacement question

So audio is one thing I am nearly 100% ignorant on... but the right front door speaker on my 150 is bad. I guess. Itís scratchy/staticky. The other three speakers still sound fine if I isolate them out with the balance/fade. I donít listen to any crazy rap music at excessive volumes or anything else that I would think could cause a speaker to fail aside from bad luck.

From what I can find online, the speaker I need is a 6x8 4 ohm. Aside from the size, obviously, I donít even know what that means. Any suggestions on what to look for? Iím cheap but Iíd rather spend the money on a replacement that is at least as good as factory.

Ensmarten me oh wise ones

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
roll down the winder and listen to the sound of the wind... itll sing to ya.. lol...

i know what you mean too i got friends that are all into audio and say get this get that for blah blah reason... unless your an audio perfectionist its not worth it...

i dont really pay attention to the ohms personally.. its more the size and wattage i watch.. if you want to just get a direct fit and were happy with the factory ones you can always pop into the dealer and buy one to install yourself... its just held in with 4 sheet metal screws and a quick snap plug to power it..

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker-...?skuId=5678401

i got these ones when i did my truck.. course at the time they were on a much better sale (hehe 39.95 at the time).. websites dont always show the sale... and even if you dont buy a stock one theyre now selling plug adapters to make the harnesses plug and play so you dont have to do any splicing... friend of mine says he can hear me coming down the road when i go to visit.. lol

course it could be all you have is a loose connection... pull the speaker out of the door and wiggle the connector to see if that clears it up any... if that doesnt work.. you can also pull the one from the other side and plug it into that plug just to make sure its not a harness issue.. if it plays clear then its the speaker...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 02-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to behold
The only thing I would add is that after market speakers usually come in pairs, so if the speaker is indeed bad and you have to buy both, go ahead a replace both as well so they sound the same.

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 02-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
You can't mess up on this one too badly.

Don't buy the cheapest thing you can find, but don't waste your money on the most expensive.

You'll do fine with some nice mid range pioneer 2 voice coil speakers. You probably won't notice an increase in sound quality, and they'll last a long time. Unless you plan on doing some large upgrade, just buy some good $50/pair speakers!

Ryan
Old 02-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
Can I recommend crutchfield? They'll help you get the right speaker connections as well, so you don't have to cut any wires.

Ryan
Old 02-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 02-07-2018, 01:05 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
I will give you some links when I get home. I have them in the laptop, not the iPad
Some aftermarket won’t fit behind the door panel on a ford
Replace in pairs, when the cone blows out one one, the rest aren’t far behind