Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2015 NEW F250 with Upfitter switches.

I am looking for info on the blunt ends for the Upfitter switches. Am I correct in assuming that when FORD installs this option they do not connect the switches to anything? The leads from the switches are blunt end and there are corresponding pass through leads through the firewall but they are NOT connected?

Also are the leads on the engine side of the firewall connected to any kind of relay? I see where the switches are rated from 30 to 10 amps. are they associated with relays for those power ratings?

I have an LED bar i want to mount. 120 watts at 12 volts. so I am going to wire it to the 10 amp switch. I need to take the blunt end FROM the switch and connect it to the Blunt end of the passthrough. once on the engine side do i use the relay from the light manufacturer or is there a relay already there? Same question about some aux back-up lights.

Thanks in advance.

blacksnapon

Staff member
upfitter.jpg
upfitter2.jpg

Last edited:
I love the drawing, but please answer the question with a yes or no and information I need to locate the info. I see that TWO of the switches are relayed. I can read the schematic. But where are the connections? Where is the "Upfitter Relay Box?" is it the engine compartment or the cab under the dash? the schematic on the left is a lower res that the one on the right so I can not read the info. Thank you for the answer, but I need further clarification, please.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I love the drawing, but please answer the question with a yes or no and information I need to locate the info. I see that TWO of the switches are relayed. I can read the schematic. But where are the connections? Where is the "Upfitter Relay Box?" is it the engine compartment or the cab under the dash? the schematic on the left is a lower res that the one on the right so I can not read the info. Thank you for the answer, but I need further clarification, please.
Yes, Yes, and all 4 of the switches are hooked to relays. The upfitter relay box is by your knee when driving. Right now, you have enough information to complete your task. There usually is a book in your glovebox with plastic wrapped around it. That book has more information in it.

Yes, Yes, and all 4 of the switches are hooked to relays. The upfitter relay box is by your knee when driving. Right now, you have enough information to complete your task. There usually is a book in your glovebox with plastic wrapped around it. That book has more information in it.

I do appreciate the info, but not the sarcasm. The owners manual is incorrect. Says that it is locate on behind the kick panel on the passengers side. If it were clear I would not be here.

And the book is no longer wrapped in plastic as I have been reading it. If posting photos or graphics, please make the a high enough resolution to read and understand.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I do appreciate the info, but not the sarcasm.

Might I suggest that if you're going to dish it, you better be able to take it?

Especially if you're asking somebody else for help...

Why was it started in the first place? I did not ask for sarcastic help I asked an intelligent legitimate question and got a low res picture with no explanation then a sarcastic answer. What did I do wrong in the first place?

Please lets stick to the topic.
Johndeer if you have something other than what you posted to offer, please do.

Next time I post a question I will be sure to state clearly exactly how many sarcastic and off topic answers I would enjoy, so there will be no confusion from the start.

For this topic, can we please stick to the topic?

blacksnapon

Staff member
THIS was the start of the sarcasm

I love the drawing, but please answer the question with a yes or no and information I need to locate the info.

You wanted to know why it started, so, WHY? The diagrams came directly from the Ford workshop manuals. Some of us are poor mechanics that can't afford computer equipment to provide higher resolution images. That is the best I can do. If it is still insufficient, maybe you can look elsewhere for the information you need.

You wanted to know why it started, so, WHY? The diagrams came directly from the Ford workshop manuals. Some of us are poor mechanics that can't afford computer equipment to provide higher resolution images. That is the best I can do. If it is still insufficient, maybe you can look elsewhere for the information you need.

So you are capable of posting sarcastic remarks and off topic stuff, but not answering the OP?

all i wanted to know is WHERE this stuff is and if there were already relays in existence.

can you not simply describe the location of the relays and connections? that takes no more sophisticate of computer equipment that i see you have. It was a simple question and a simple request for info.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Vince was not being sarcastic, he is a tech and is short and concise in his answers.

I'm going to give this a shot at getting it back on track.

I'm not sure if the 2015 is the same as a 2005, but from the schematic it would appear so.

When the upfitter switches come installed from the factory, the entire harness is installed...on my 2005, the relay module is behind the glovebox..I installed it as it wasn't ordered with my truck.

The relays are already powered from the corresponding switches, I think there are 2 10 amp ccts and 2 30 amp ccts.

The wires end under the dash inside from the relay module, there are four of them, you need to complete the return (ground) on whatever you install.

The wires are NOT connected under the dash to the 4 that go through the firewall...that is left to the customer for flexibility as things might be connected inside the cab or externally.

Does that answer your question?

Vince was not being sarcastic, he is a tech and is short and concise in his answers.

I'm going to give this a shot at getting it back on track.

I'm not sure if the 2015 is the same as a 2005, but from the schematic it would appear so.

When the upfitter switches come installed from the factory, the entire harness is installed...on my 2005, the relay module is behind the glovebox..I installed it as it wasn't ordered with my truck.

The relays are already powered from the corresponding switches, I think there are 2 10 amp ccts and 2 30 amp ccts.

The wires end under the dash inside from the relay module, there are four of them, you need to complete the return (ground) on whatever you install.

The wires are NOT connected under the dash to the 4 that go through the firewall...that is left to the customer for flexibility as things might be connected inside the cab or externally.

Does that answer your question?

MUCH better, Thank you. On mine the owner's manual says they are two 25 amps, a 10 and a 15 from switch #1 to #4, but that ain't no big deal.

So let me get this part straight. The relays are connected and activated by the switches but I need to connect the feed FROM the relay to the pass through blunt ends under the dash to power the lights outside. This was a source of confusion for me. So there are blunt ends on the other side of the firewall in the engine compartment to which I connect the leads from the lights?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
MUCH better, Thank you. On mine the owner's manual says they are two 25 amps, a 10 and a 15 from switch #1 to #4, but that ain't no big deal.

So let me get this part straight. The relays are connected and activated by the switches but I need to connect the feed FROM the relay to the pass through blunt ends under the dash to power the lights outside. This was a source of confusion for me. So there are blunt ends on the other side of the firewall in the engine compartment to which I connect the leads from the lights?

You really didn't need the Much better in there you know and you are welcome...things like that just fuel the fire.

Yes, the relays do what you said...and yes, you need to connect the wires to the ones that go through the firewall...not much fun as it is cramped quarters :D

Yes, there are blunt ends through the firewall...Ford ran them there as part of the original harness.

Give me a few minutes and I will see if I can find the thread where I did mine.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You really didn't need the Much better in there you know and you are welcome...things like that just fuel the fire.

Yes, the relays do what you said...and yes, you need to connect the wires to the ones that go through the firewall...not much fun as it is cramped quarters :D

Yes, there are blunt ends through the firewall...Ford ran them there as part of the original harness.

Give me a few minutes and I will see if I can find the thread where I did mine.

Again, Thank you. I wasn't trying to be cute or trying to "fuel the fire." People here and all over are TOO wrapped up in being literal. You explanation was MUCH better. Not trying to put anybody down, just letting you know that you paid attention to the OP and didn't get all caught up in the theatrics.

Thank you again. I look forward to the link.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You're welcome hope it goes well.

We are all pretty good here, sometimes things just get started out on the wrong foot and written type is easy to misunderstand or misinterpret.

Ford Truck Articles