Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Summer Meet

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
What do the CA members think about trying to get a meet together this summer? There are not many of us so any ole palce would probably do.

I might be the furtherst south in Temecula and Skan the furthest north?

What do you guys think?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Who else is from Cali? I know Keplar is... Anyone else?

I won't be able to drive very far because of the cost of gas at 12mpg :( I'd love to get together though.

I am only 23 miles from the cali border..........

I assume if there's any meeting and Chris is going, I'll be in the passenger seat so count me and Rob in if Chris is going.

His birthday meeting was fun- it was nice meeting everyone. Now that we're all on the same page with everything, it'll be even more pleasant :)

andym

Real men are fanatics
I meant to type "Chris". :D

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Who else is from Cali? I know Keplar is... Anyone else?
Anyone else?

Uh...

Born in Santa Monica (when FDR was prez), currently live in Hacienda Heights...that's about 40 miles east of the Pacific Ocean in the San Gabriel Valley.

Russ (Keplar) lives about 5 miles east of me (which might equate to an hour away, depending on the *^&% traffic).

btw: The Western Nationals are being held in Yorba Linda on June 21st. The local chapter of t'other site is having their June GTG there.

Last edited:
............I won't be able to drive very far because of the cost of gas at 12mpg :( I'd love to get together though.

.........GZZZzzzzz:suspicious: .......and i WAS thinking of going for the drive and all, [ since i AM getting 15mpg with my vehicle; just test'd going to Pullman (WSU) & back for daughter is in college & all....go Coug's! ! ]. . . . . . . . . BUT Yeah, for just seeing Washington State's GAS price have jump'd over the $4.00 mark in the last 3 day's, that would be a pretty BIG penny's of fillin up for there and back, just for my case, huh? ? ? ? [ not to mention for even the $$$_per_gallon get's higher as i get closer, eh????] .....:headbang: .....:drop:..... :fan:..... 'wtf'..... :wtf:

mr. Charles

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I'm probably the most southern, at least at this point. I can't do june 21 as I have a wedding to attend.

Let me know if we think it is worth the time to really try and plan.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well at this point it sure seems like the meet would be Southern Cali since only 2-3 of us are in NorCal... No?

If that's the case, no go for me. Unless maybe I take a trip to Disney land with Trista this summer (which we might). In which case, we could plan around an FTF meet date :)

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Any more thoughts on trying to make this happen? Hate to make it a drive just to have lunch but we could do that also.

pasadena, glendale area?????

thoughts...anyone?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'd love to bring Trista :( Could we make it a bit later in the summer so she could tag along?

EDIT: Just realized that if Trista doesn't go, I'd have to drive my truck. And I'm not gonna wanna drive very far on 12mpg. So if the meet will be very far for from me (which I assume it would be), that's a no go for me too.

Would be fun if Trista was well enough and we could make a weekend trip out of going to So-Cal or something :)

Last edited:

Kep4

Jäger
It's difficult to get these meets organized, even when it's only a few members. Kali is just so spread out!

Let's see what happens though. It would be fun to schedule a Cal City or El Mirage trip after the summer is over.

Ford Truck Articles