Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

do you know what size...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I would guess it would be to deter people from playing around with seatbelts maybe?...they are becoming more common, but I remember years ago that they were not very popular at all except for seatbelt mounts.

I would guess it would be to deter people from playing around with seatbelts maybe?....
lol...Your probably right and I don't want to mess with them, but I can't see any other way of taking my carpet out without removing them. Also my driver side seat belt keeps popping out of the buckle so it need to be changed anyway.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Do yourself a favor and don't buy a dirt cheap one...I did back when I was 17 because I couldn't afford the good kit..promptly twisted the socket in half where it went into the bolt head..cursed and went and got a single quality socket....:rofl: :rofl:

I hear ya. I snapped a Mastercrap torx in half and almost cut myself on it. I was planning on buying a single, and using a compact gun to get the torx out. I wonder if Mastercrap maximum will do the trick. If I want snap on I have to get a hold of the sales rep and hope he has one in his truck. Pretty much the same goes for any high end tool manufacture around here.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I assume you mean impact gun?..and FWIW, I've used the Maximum stuff and haven't had an issue yet but I've never tried the Torx in an impact..I just used it with a 24'' breaker bar then air ratchet.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy a dirt cheap one...I did back when I was 17 because I couldn't afford the good kit..promptly twisted the socket in half where it went into the bolt head..cursed and went and got a single quality socket....:rofl: :rofl:

Well, I guess I could go spend 100 bucks on Snap-On 40-55 bit sockets.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
True enough!

I assume you mean impact gun?..and FWIW, I've used the Maximum stuff and haven't had an issue yet but I've never tried the Torx in an impact..I just used it with a 24'' breaker bar then air ratchet.

Ya impact gun. This two year old of mine who is still awake is taking its tole. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't remember my name by tomorrow. I'll go to Canadian Tire and see what they have. It is pretty tight in the back of the ranger so I don't think I'll be able to get a breaker bar in there. Plus I don't have a air compressor. I use the mastercrart electric impact gun. Works pretty good, amazingly. I've had a crappy run of crappy tools from Canadian Tire.

racsan

4xford
even the good one will sometime want to twist, i had to buy a 2nd craftsman bit when i pulled the bed. im not sure why they would want to make a fastener that require yet another tool. so what if people want to remove their seatbelts? once the car is theres' is their own bussiness what they do with it. i had to get a seat belt assembly from a taurus out of the junkyard for a neighbor, got to checking later and found that the assy that fastens to the seat with the unlatch half is normally $100 through a dealer. ive tryed to get the bolts out of the seat mounts from my parts S-blazer, they are torx and absolutly refuse to budge. if it werent for the carpet id torch them off.

Ford Truck Articles