Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

American/Australian GT429 Falcon Coupe

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=713259208

AmericanAussie_GT.jpg

AmericanAussie_falcon.jpg

americanaussie_falcon_gt.jpg

There is no reserve price now. It's here to sell.
Starting with a dead straight and original XB coupe, this car was rebuilt in the USA between 2000 and 2003 from the ground up at a cost of US$100,000.
It has a genuine 1969 vintage Mustang 429 Cobra Jet engine, sitting in a strengthened front sub frame, freshly rebuilt to Super Cobra Jet specs with Performer RPM heads and intake manifold, 10.1 comp. Holley pistons and a 950 cfm Holley carb, exhaust gases exiting via Pacemaker headers and 60mm pipes, ~ making 550 horse @ 6300 rpm and 516 ft/lb torque @4500 rpm thru a modified C6 auto with a 2500 rpm stall B&M converter to a 9" diff with 3.7 gears.
Wheels are American Racing 16x8 fronts with 245/45 and 17x11 rears with 335/35 sitting under stock guards and have '71 Mustang calipers with 11" cross drilled discs front and rear.
It flew through low volume cert in NZ because of the meticulous build detail. I've owned it since importing it in 2006 and it has done only minimal miles in that time. It would take you two years and well over NZ$120,000 to replicate this car.
It is like new in all respects. The flames etc are all stick-on and now removed.
The plates "B" or "GT" are not included in the sale.
It is very VERY reluctantly for sale.
I've just added 4 photo's taken recently in Wellington.
Having done a maximum of maybe 6000Km in the 8 years I've owned it, it's still in the same mint condition as it was when it arrived in NZ.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Very nice. What are the requirements for converting to RHD? Is it everything, or are there some age limits?

Very nice. What are the requirements for converting to RHD? Is it everything, or are there some age limits?

That probably would have been imported from Aussie (they made them there rhd) to the USA and then this chap has imported it here.

The conversion rule here is in three parts really - if the vehicle is 20 years old or more and under 3500kg gross laden weight then no conversion is needed except for changing the headlight dip pattern - like the 1992 Bronco I brought back with me..
If the vehicle is considered to be a modern day classic (needs to be confirmed via motoring journal eg hemmings)or was manufactured in limited quantities and is a high performance coupe then there is provision for 500 cars per year to be imported without conversion( you just have to get on the ballot for an import ticket).
If the vehicle is less than 20 years old or over 3500kg glw then it will need
to be converted and will also need to meet an emissions standard which is currently US2004 or Euro4.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts