Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Air compressor

I want to remove my air conditioner from my 95 Ranger because it doesn't blow cold and the compressor is shot. Did the 3.0 every not have air conditioning? Is there a pulley I could use in replacement of the compressor, or can it be bypassed altogether and I just need a shorter serpentine belt.

I have never seen a non a/c 3.0 and wasn't sure if there was an idler wheel in place of the air compressor. I searched for a schematic of the serpentine belt rout and I found one of both with a/c and non a/c. The belt is shorter is all. There isn't a idler wheel there, but I can order an aftermarket one from auto zone if I wanted to keep my belt length the same. I'm just going to go with the shorter belt.

racsan

4xford
i had a situation with the taurus 3.0 we had, a/c no longer worked and it needed a new belt anyways, got the belt for the non-a/c application and put it on, a/c compressor still on the car. i know ive seen in some aftermarket parts catologs (lmc truck specifically) where you can order a "a/c bypass pulley" and run just that ideler with out having a compressor there and use the same belt. that would be great for those vehicles that only came with a/c and you needed to do something about the belt in case of compressor failure rather than put another compressor on.

Ford Truck Articles