Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Poll - Replacing bushings Red or Black

Red or Black

• Red

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Black

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
I'm thinking about getting the C-bushing kit from JBG and eventually the body mounts also. I'm leaning towards the black( subtle ) but the red will stand out more and could look kinda cool. Or look real bad. Whats your guys take on this?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Post up a good pic of the truck and lets see what we think. I vote black right off the bat but red may have its place too.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I gotta say black, I've never liked colors in the undercarriage.

Post up a good pic of the truck and lets see what we think. I vote black right off the bat but red may have its place too.

The truck is not staying the color it is now. It will be lifted slightly(4"-4.5") but will not be painted red. Silver, flat black, green, and maybe blue are body color possibilities. Her's a pic of what I've done so far. With the dust covers being blue I'm thinkin red would look bad.
12-18-09_002.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Black def will look better.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
If you are lifting it, which degree of bushings are you getting?

If you are lifting it, which degree of bushings are you getting?

From what I understand anything over 2.5" needs 7degree's. Staying stock for now. The kit is $48.00 so replacing the stock ones with 7 degree ones won't cost that much down the road. All tie rods/drag link are coming off and being replaced now. I'm at the point where adding a lift would be easy, but being laid off from work can't spend the money on it at this time. Just trying to do basic things that the truck needs to get it road worthy. Hate to admit it but the fact of the matter is it might be up for sale at any time if money gets tight or work doesn't pick up.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Does your kit contain drop brackets for the radius arms? If so, you may not need the 7* bushings. The drop brackets correct some of it.

When I put the 79 front axle under my 94, I used blue bushings. The truck is all silver, and I wanted a touch of blue here and there to set it off.

sas10.jpg

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
There was a point in my life where I would have said red.....................................but being older and wiser I say go black.

Seriously though, who else, other than yourself, is going to notice anyway?

Does your kit contain drop brackets for the radius arms? If so, you may not need the 7* bushings. The drop brackets correct some of it.

When I put the 79 front axle under my 94, I used blue bushings. The truck is all silver, and I wanted a touch of blue here and there to set it off.

No it does not come with the drop brackets, But the JBG lifts have no name with em on who makes them. When the time comes for a lift I'll do some research and maybe pick up a lift that comes with everything I need.
Thanks for the pic the blue and silver look good together. Since I'm painting everything black underneath I will probably go with the black.

There was a point in my life where I would have said red.....................................but being older and wiser I say go black.

Seriously though, who else, other than yourself, is going to notice anyway?

I went with red on a old Jeep CJ7 years ago when I was 17-18. Back then I probably thought it looked good, Don't really remember. Kinda felt weird painting my dust covers and brake calipers(as in a ricer painting his junk red,yellow etc.)But being that its Ford blue that makes it ok. and if I don't like it can always spray it black.

Thanks for all the replies, Was leaning toward the black thats what I'm going with. Just wanted some opinions.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts