Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gas Smell

emtzach

i get paid to do this
oh gotcha almost hurt my one feelin i got left haha . the 600 i had on the 302 worked great but with the windsor cam i had to play with the jets a bit to find that happy medium of quick throttle response and not losing top end 'biteme'

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
If its coolant itll be a milky white color like what hes gettin on the cap if its just thin its fuel.

The milky white can also be just condensation like suggested if he drives only short trips.

just kidding maby a 650 for some reason thought you had a stright 6 in yours i was thinking of a different truck

Whats wrong with a 600 on a v8? lol ive got one on a 460, which blows the wheels off of most trucks in town

thats correct that 460 likes the gas so 650 is either just right or a little small depending on the tinkering you have done to the motor. if u gotta cam in it u might want a 700 or 750. because the valves are opening more and longer so more fuel will be needed. but back to the guy with the m i had almost the same problem with my truck about the carb. and the float was messed up allowing more fuel in at a idle meaning idle like crap but when u nail it it was fine because it was getting the same amount of fuel as wot. sounds like in ur case its the same thing becasue u said idles rough but on the upper end its great.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
you must have jetted it i would think it would run a little lean with that much belly to fill.... ive never had any bigger than 351 myself tho

thats correct that 460 likes the gas so 650 is either just right or a little small depending on the tinkering you have done to the motor. if u gotta cam in it u might want a 700 or 750. because the valves are opening more and longer so more fuel will be needed.

Actually guys...the 460 came stock with a 600cfm carb and is still good with even a mild build.

Whats wrong with a 600 on a v8? lol ive got one on a 460, which blows the wheels off of most trucks in town

The 351M was not designed for anymore than about 520 cfm.

Even the post 1972 460's require a NON-Smog intake to breath properly.

The problem is AIR FLOW not fuel.

I am envious of the people who live near sea level. Living in thinner air has its disadvantages

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts