Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help a noob

First time F250 owner here. Just bought an 03 F250, 5.4L gas, 4x4. It has 143k miles. Feels pretty solid. Got a little knock in the front driver side suspension. Looks like a bushing needs to be replaced. Also has the mysterious "windows and radio dies randomly" issue, but I'll probably bite the bullet and take it to a dealership for that.

I wanted to pick the brains of those in the know. What should I look out for? Any common issues, preemptive maintenance suggestions, etc you all would recommend I look into? Thanks in advance [emoji1690]
79a6a15ee6a3d43e5aad0773934a8f49.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
for the knock check the sway bar bushings/links (if equipped) ... theyre prone to failure... i ended up replacing them with Energy suspension bushing... the swaybar to axle ones were more a challenge to get because the bar diameter on mine Ford wont admit to it being installed on my year.. (or any year really) and had to "play" to get poly ones that fit there... the spring shackle to fame bushing was also shot on mine... when i did the sway bar ones it got alot quieter... but still had another persistent one that i later found to be the frame mount bushing for the spring.. after i did that one i didnt have any more knocks...

shocks can be another spot to look if you havent already.. as to the windows and radio maybe someone else will have an idea...

for the knock check the sway bar bushings/links (if equipped) ... theyre prone to failure... i ended up replacing them with Energy suspension bushing... the swaybar to axle ones were more a challenge to get because the bar diameter on mine Ford wont admit to it being installed on my year.. (or any year really) and had to "play" to get poly ones that fit there... the spring shackle to fame bushing was also shot on mine... when i did the sway bar ones it got alot quieter... but still had another persistent one that i later found to be the frame mount bushing for the spring.. after i did that one i didnt have any more knocks...

shocks can be another spot to look if you havent already.. as to the windows and radio maybe someone else will have an idea...
Thanks. I think it is the sway bar/bushing links. Got up underneath it and the rubber on the driver side looks pretty hashed. There's a local 4wd shop ( Maui Off-road) that does a lot of super duty's.Im thinking I might just go get a refresh kit from them. Get rid of the headache and guessing games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
windows and radio dies randomly is the windshield leaking on the body modal, a known problem to Ford. There is a TSB.
cure is to have the windshield replaced.
while it is out, make sure to have the adhesive removed completely, and the surface prepped properly.
If not addressed, eventually it will fry the modal, and the fuse box

Ford Truck Articles